Unlucky or Very Very Lucky

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
This is the biggest problem with high stretch lines. Pole anglers have been struggling with this problem due to the highpower elastics.

with rgards to your question he is very very lucky.

W

Wolfman Woody

The lesson was always - when you pull on a snagged line (even with a float attached which can act like a dart) turn you back on it and even pull a hood over your head or put a hat on if you can.

I've seen leads coming out of the water like bullets. This one looks to be 3 ozs or thereabouts.

I hope he soon gets better, but I heard of a guy many years ago who'd had an operation on his brain and in the closing up had a titanium plate put into his forehead.

Some time later he was stood in front of a shop when the entire glass pain fell out onto his head. Doctors said that had he not had the titanium plate installed he would have been killed for sure.

T

Terry Comerford

He was........... The 'Daily' 'Mirror' 'Editor'

R

Rodney Wrestt

That's scary sh1t, it's one of the reasons I got my son a pair of polarised glasses and make sure he wears them even if it's raining.

Joskin

Reaction score
A mate of mine was trying to free a snagged pole rig by pulling the elastic towards him and when it pulled free it shot out of the water and the stem of the pole float embeded its self like a dart into a wooden drawer of his boss box between his legs just 2 centermeters from his crotch.....How lucky did he feel.

alan

Reaction score
scary, but something every angler does, i know Ive pulled and had the weight jump out of the water at me.

Rodney i cant see how a pair of glasses would have helped him, if it was the hook it would, but a 4-5oz weight hitting them would probably cause them to shatter.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Alan can you get a nice picture up?
That one is giving me night mares!
Scarey or what?

R

Rodney Wrestt

Alan,
Hopefully it would deflect the weight (obviously a straight and direct blow would increase the danger) or at least take the brunt of the force, hopefully giving enough warning/time to turn the head. Although the weight your talking about is more than we tend to use unless fishing a flooded river, 2oz is the most we need in general and that would be at a range to remove much of the danger we're talking about here.

Some protection is better than none, I'll keep making sure he wears them, he already knows the other benefits of them and asks for his pair when we go anyway.

alan

Reaction score
Rodney i was talking about the guy who got hit.
i agree a 2oz weight would probably be stopped/deflected enough.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Ahhh, right, by the way the new mugshot's much better. Brings out you eyes :eek:)