Don't you just love ebay!

njb51

Reaction score
Recently bought a set of 30 different sized and coloured wagglers. The package came with:

30 Wagglers,
Float rubbers,
Night lights,
2 disgorgers,
2 plummets
and all came in a float tube!

All this for ?15 - bargain!

I've also bought from ebay,

A brand new Chub Barbel XP, for ?80 inc P&P.

Love it!

Joskin

Reaction score
I brought a Drennan competition feeder rod for ?40 brand new (shop price around ?80)
a Map parabolix feeder rod ?100 brand new (shop price ?299) and many more bargains but you have to be careful as you can easily be ripped off. You must read all ads fully and be aware that the item you are buying may not be what you are expecting. For example I needed some camo netting for pigeon shooting and came across a bargain, it was a bin liner full of the stuff. It didn't say how big the net was just that there was loads of it so I assumed that the net would easily be big enough to make a hide with. I got bidding an won the auction for around ?28 including postage. when the bin bag arrived I eagerly opened it up grabbed hold of the net and yanked it out to see how big it was. It turned out that it was around 50 odd shaped pieces of netting and not one big net like I had assumed. all I could do with it was launch it into the bin while my shooting buddies had a great laugh.

W

Wolfman Woody

Great deals? I've had:

An Abu Severan feeder rod rrp ?190 ebay ?90
A Maver MR3 feeder (power beast!) rrp 130 eBay ?50
A Middy 16-18foot waggler (?) rod rrp ?180 eBay ?72
A Daiwa Capricorn reel rrp ?130 eBay ?72
A Daiwa reel rrp ?35 for ?10 and another for ?15 for me and Connor
ten batteries for Fox alarms for ?6
ten spools of Shimano Beastmaster 4lb line -for ?3.20
4 Nash and Fox marker floats, 3 of which are BNIB for ?8.50
and other lines, weights, Nash lead clips all brand new.

And quite a few second-hand bargains too!

And that's before we get onto photographic equipment or power tools.

Good old Ebay and only once was disappointed. Some lures were "Rapala like" which I didn't notice and they were crap, but I only lost ?10.

W

Wolfman Woody

That's not to mention some spinning and baitcasting rods from Trevor Salmon who advertises on eBay. They were just a tiny percentage of what you'd expect to pay.

And you must pay a visit to Frank's Leads for larger carp-style leads etc.

S

Shrek

Turning it around, I bought a Penrose Fishing Platform from a car boot sale for ?1 and sold it on ebay for ?23.

S

Shrek

Also, bought 3 speedia centrepins off ebay for ?40, spent ?25 refurbishing them, then dolsthem all on for a total of ?120.

njb51

Reaction score
Good man adrian!

Turning into a bit of a David ****inson i see!

(i think thats his name anyway! the antiques guy)