Will it fish and if so when ?

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
OK...so this damned weather buggers off back to Russia where it belongs and on Boxing Day [Sunday] we wake to a balmy 12 degrees which is set to stay for 7-10 days. The thaw sets in and all the snow, salt, grit,dead sheep,hippies etc start to flow into the rivers. The rivers slowly start to rise,colour up & warm up.

How long before you go & would you expect to catch ? I know this is mighty subjective but there is an awful lot of tom tit waiting to go into the rivers. I think they could be out of sorts for weeks irrespective of how favourable the conditions might seem to be.

Last edited:

johnnyfby

Reaction score
Dont worry about the **** that goes in, its the Temperature that counts. When the river hits the magic 5C and still rising, even Barbel will be on the feed.

andreagrispi

Reaction score
If you subject yourself to the extreme cold there are still fish to be caught on most rivers - probably only at last knockings and probably only on bread or maggot; but it's better than nothing.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Conditions, Conditions, well I for one don't bother as I am firm in my mind that it doesn't matter what the Conditions are.

I have heard and read about water colour. floods, Temp etc etc, what rubbish IMO. How many times have you been in the so called perfect Conditions and had a bad day, even blanked ??

At the end of the day, fish need to feed, I am not saying you will bag up, and you might blank, but fish get caught in all conditions.

Skippy,
If you think it is right to go and fish, do it. You will only know by going.

So get your Snow Plough out, and once there, put your skates on.......:)

Good Luck