"Driving test" for anglers

Beecy

Reaction score
I may be talking a load of ballcocks as I've had a few sherberts in preparation for the England match, but...

With all the stories on here about bad practice, and from what i have seen on the bank, what about a "driving test" for angling?

My idea is that you get a provisional licence that could last say 2 or 3 years, and at some point during that time you have to sit a test in wich you are judged on a basic level of competancy regarding fish care, before being granted the right to hold a full licence - simple stuff like how to use a discorger, how to hold a fish and return it to the water safely.

These tests could be held en masse at selected venues throughout the country at regular intervals.

It could be run on a "three strikes and your out" format, ie. fail three tests and your banned from holding a licence for a set period of time before being allowed to try again.

What do you think?

T

Tony Rocca

Such tests exist for shotgun owners in other countries, but not here. So I doubt one for fishing would get anywhere.

Nothing wrong with the idea though, mind you, someone would only jump on it as a money making scheme.

W

Wolfman Woody

I think the EA would like to encourage as many anglers as possible into the sport. That means inevitably that we'll get a quite a few loose cannons, but it's up to us to spot them early on and teach them the right ways.

If they then fail to use that knowledge, throw them out of your club/association.

A driving test wouldn't work, but enjoy the sherberts and the game.

They'll lose anyway. heheheheh!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Sounds too much like Germany!!!

What If I fail such tests and am banned for fishing for the rest of my life?

Who is really going to be qualified to do the testing?

I have known driving examiners who have been bloody awful drivers!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

We discussed this at length a while ago --and I think the general concencus was that it wouldn't work --due to cost and who would police it (The EA can't police what they have to or should do now without expecting them to look after that as well )

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll do it for nowt.
I will also be the judge, jury, and execitioner.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

But what gives you the right to do that Baz?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

The fact that he is Baz ......(and a cross dresser)

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll tell you what gives me the right Ron.

The difference between knowing right from wrong.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ie, knowing which end of a fish to put your disgorger into.

Placing fish back in the water instead of throwing them.

Knowing the difference between a fixed and semi fixed bolt rig.

Nothing to technical, just useing common sense really.

L

Les Clark

How do you know you are right Baz ,you may think you are but there again you may be wrong !lol

W

Wolfman Woody

S'right Baz.

You can't do it until you've passed the test. And I get to decide what qualifies you!

Hahahahah! You're banned.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Put it like this.
I got eight people hoofed off a water tonight by the police. I made the decision to call them out, after being given a load of excuses for this that and the other. They tried threatening me, so I turned them over to the boys in blue. (Merseyside police) Thanks a million lads, you did a great job.

I decide who does what and where.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bonfires, chip wrappers, and crates of Stella is wrong in my book.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Isn't it surpriseing how any any feeling of pain I have suddenly vannishes when I get the scent? (o

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Nien, Hy ist Uberstormbannfuhrer Baz von die Waffen SS Ja!!

P

paul williams 2

Baz........my hero worship is in ruin!

"I decide who does what and where"

"i turned them over to the boys in blue"

shoulda sent for Ron the hoody hunter, and brummie the silent but deadly crossbow man......but give us time to get the old jalopys fired up!........and to tidy up the chip papers and stella cans.