Fishmeal?

S

Steve Baker

Hi, I recently bought some (very stinky) powdered fishmeal for a quid a killo. I added it to vitalin and used as a method groundbait but I never caught much (just small snottys) and just ended up stinking all my tackle out (teach me to have a p while fishing).

Has anyone any tips before i dump the rest?

Cheers.

R

Rob Brownfield

Mix it with eggs into a stiff paste!!!...Works wonders...or do the same, but roll out balls and boil them...hey presto..boilies!!...U should catch on them!

S

Steve Baker

I know, but i think the smell is so bad and lingering that it might not be worth it. hen i used it in my method mix it stayed with me even when i washed my hands several times.

What is fishmeal? (ground up fish bits?)

L

Lee Foulkes

Steve
fishmeal is just as you said, ground up fish bits. It should have a fishy smell but it shouldn't be too strong. It might be that the fishmeal is old and the oils it contains can go rancid.

S

Steve Baker

MMM YUM! I think its now going in the bin, and i will stick to my strawberry paste, sweetcorn and the lovely smelling supercup groundbait. I dont mind smelling of these..........

S

Steve Baker

What do you feed your baby then andy? You could bottle it and sell it.

A

Andrew Dench

Steve,

As yet I dont have a baby but thats all about to change in a few months, I'll carry out some experiments then and let you know the results

S

Steve Baker

Try SMA baby milk as an additive? Might cloud the water up well also has a high nutrional value. Worth a try!