WANTED

• Thread starter paul williams 2
  • Start date
P

paul williams 2

Apologises to Graham for posting here and not on the tackle section!

I'm after a pair of decent fibreglass carp rods, conoflex, simpsons etc, about 21/4tc and 10 or 11ft...pref full cork handles...but not be all and end all.

Mail me direct.....or chat!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I used to have a couple of Jim Gibbinson Cloopers, and before that, two Tag Barnes Carp Rods.

All are gone I'm afraid.

Colin Brett

Reaction score
I've got a Tag Barnes super pike rod that I made from blank many years ago. Sadly only the one, but it does have a full cork handle, hard chrome rings, 10' long and with sliding reel holders. I could be persuaded to part with it. PM me and I'll take a photo and send it to you if you are interested.

Colin

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

I have a couple of conoflex 1 3/4 glass rods in my garage circa 1982. Both have full cork handles.

D

david bruce 1

I have a fibreglass rod built for me on Lerc blanks by a well known northern carp angler. Cork handle etc. Basic but practical if you are interested.

P

paul williams 2

Thanks fellas.....need a pair though.....Andy wish they were a bit more powerful.......i used to have a pair of 13/4 conoflex too...i loved em.

D

Deecy

Get some more then , visit www.conoflex.co.uk/ - 12k
Freshwater Blanks - Glassfibre
150/6 11' - 1?lb Soft Action Carp
150/7 11' - 2?lb Soft Action S.U. Carp
150/8 11' 6" - 1?lb Fast Taper Carp
150/9 11' 6" - 2?lb Fast Taper S.U. Carp
150/10 12' - 2?lb Thru' Action Pike
150/11 12' - 3lb Fast Taper Carp
108/4 9' - Bass Spinner ?31.94
?40.87
?38.88
?40.87
?43.29
?44.31
?21.50

P

paul williams 2

I was hoping to pick up some ready mades Deecy....

D

Deecy

Oops, as I understand the situation you can get these blanks made up by authorised Conoflex dealers.The only one I know of is Simpsons of Turnford but the prices there make your toes curl.I would buy some blanks and get a local rod builder to do them for you, every tackle shop I know has someone local.Those 2.5 Carp rods make really good boat Pike rods.

P

paul williams 2

Looks like self build days are coming back for me! :)

Trip to Terry's (well eric's!) to see what he has in the way of old stock!

P

paul williams 2

If no glass....anyone got a couple of the old N.western 11ft carbons, think they were the 21/4 multi range.....or nknow where there is some old stock?