Christmas fishing plans

syhaze

Reaction score
with any luck i'll also be out piking...on the 27th though.

a berkshire pit if not frozen...otherwise i'll be on the thames.

tight lines!

dannytaylor

Reaction score
most stillwaters are frozen and i cant see them thawing over the christmas period. Think i may try some small stream chubbing, or may try a spot of grayling fishing. Never cought a grayling before, they are a bit thin on the ground on my local venues. I have heard rumours Re the river Goyt in stockport so i may give this a try.

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Straining at the leash to go at the moment, that's if we can find a water without a lid, and banks that don't require the skill's of Chris Bonnington. :(

waggy

Reaction score
Watching Matt bloody Hayes - again. Still, I've a nice Muscat to immerse my sorrows in.

jimcc

Reaction score
I will be at the Itchen after a Roach or two. However if it stays this cold I may need a couple of brandys to get me through the day!

Phil Hatton 2

Reaction score
Got a week in South Wales planned starting the 27th. I'll be visiting the Wye at least twice, chub and pike probably, it's a tad chilly for Boris.

Danny, there's good grayling fishing on the upper reaches of the Dane if you've got access, Congleton down to Holmes Chapel.

nick dv

Reaction score
I have a choice, fish the Itchen and freeze my nuts off, or a strong chance of visiting my daughter in Egypt! Now let me think...............! :rolleyes: Mind you, probably a good chance of getting up close and personal with a shark or two!! :eek:

Cheers, Nick :)

andreagrispi

Reaction score
most stillwaters are frozen and i cant see them thawing over the christmas period. Think i may try some small stream chubbing, or may try a spot of grayling fishing. Never cought a grayling before, they are a bit thin on the ground on my local venues. I have heard rumours Re the river Goyt in stockport so i may give this a try.

There is a tiny water called Wicham Brook or something like that, around north cheshire region - it's very narrow but there are some deep pools. Find the fish and there are grayling to be caught to over 2.5lb.

kevin o connor

Reaction score
Hope to get out on St. Stephens day. Might even try a bit of sea fishing from the local beach as the roads here are mainly still frozen and driving inland is iffy to say the least. Hope you all have a great Christmas and get everything you wish for in the new year.

tortoise100

Reaction score
Boxing day pike depending on comitments but should get a few hours.
Tuesday 28th pike for a few hours (get out of shopping).
Thursday 30th pike up in Derby will try surface lures and dead bait , migh have a go for grayling at the same time depends on what time we have.

The cristmas/ new year period has always been a good one for me even if the rivers are in flood I know a productive area.

Merry christmas fishing.

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
The Thames for a couple of hours on Boxinmg day morning. Me and a mate have made it something of a tradition to at least get a line wet (it normally involves the contents of his hip flask too!) Last year I made a terrible faux pas by breaking all of the previously honoured and respected traditions of not actually catching, taking a brace of chub of 5.10 and 6.00.... I'm sure I will revert to the more respected art of blanking again this year, but it will be nice to get some fresh air and walk off the turkey a little!

Merry Christmas all - and tight lines to those who do get on the banks.

Rog Hill

Reaction score
Weather's turning warmer after Xmas so hope to get out Monday or Tuesday. Frome for some decent grayling or Throop for just about anything.

Rog

tortoise100

Reaction score
My first outing of the week was very cold -5 in fact and we had to hunt around for a bit of river not frozen though it is supprising what a small weir can do to keep the ice away .
We all blanked even after basically just following the comorants around to try and find any fish ,all we did see was a very dead but large perch floating down river.
My brother blanked on boxing day as well then today after spending an hour in a snow storm and climbing down through some bushes to a swim and casting a small rubber perch lure caught a 2lb 12 oz sea trout that was jumping about all over the place lucky B***ard .
I am out again tomorrow and whilst out on a shopping trip with the missis today discovered that my favorite pike swim is 50% clear of ice so could be on for tomorrow .

Windy

Reaction score
Had plans to get out and break some ice on Boxing Day but sod's law being what it is I woke up Xmas day to a sore throat, hacking cough, thumping headache and drip on the end of a very red nose....

Burger burger burger.

Happens every damned year. Can't remember a Christmas day for the last decade that I haven't come down with something.

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Well I got cancelled on boxing day... the wife was suffering badly with flu and my mate had such a rotten head from too much festive cheer on christmas day that he couldn't make it. So we rearranged for yesterday... and blanked!! I think there must have been some snow melt or something, as I literally didn't have a touch all day on a section where I'd normally at least have a few roach taps....