Wol, you aint as fat as people make out!

B

Big Swordsy :O)

Brilliant bit of fishing you two and a fantastic part two to boot!

Mental note...Catch a big eel next season!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Andy, When you told me many months ago you were giving the tench a rest and trying for eels in this "new found lake" I never thought it would result in a campaign, I should have known better shouldn't I?

Cracking article you two, it makes a nice change from carping and barbelling and lets face it there aren't that many big eel fishing accounts are there?

Blunderer

Reaction score
I am intrigued to know how you utilised the groundsheet to sleep under, Andy!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Oi oi Swordsy, steady.

Blunderer, wanna see a pic of it?

Blunderer

Reaction score
Warren -
Yes!
I have an image of a bundle under a groundsheet rolling out when the alarm goes off!!!

Julian Parkin 2

Reaction score
Very interesting articles so far. More to come I hope.

As I am looking for a new challenge next year may follow up on this eel fishing. Sounds like it is exciting.

What kind of tackle are you using in terms of rods, line and rigs etc.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

Thanks lads. We had a great couple of months and its nice being able to share it with you.

As for the groundsheet well it was very big and I simply used it to cover me totally on my bedchair with all my gear stowed underneath. the groundsheet didn't breathe and as a result tons of condensation formed and i was very damp by the morning. Wouldn't recommend it.

We were both using 3lb tc rods combined with baitrunners and 15lb braid as mainline. The rigs are described in the article but we can do drawings and get Graham to put them up at the same time as part 3.

They are amazing to see in the flesh, are extremely fickle which makes them a challenge to catch and they are by far the most powerful freshwater fish pound for pound in Britain.

S

sash

LOL very fetching Andy.

Does that come with storm rods Wol?

Enjoying the articles too fellas and having done some eel fishing myself the last few years it's nice to see something different on the 'net. Anyone tried livvies yet?

W

That dont include postage either mate..or poles.

Andy did a little livebaiting....Andy???

S

sash

Interested re livvie rig guys. Have used various versions of CD paternoster as probably the least resistant / least tangling rig around but would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Also the few that I've had on surface fished baits (cat fishing mainly) haven't been resistance wary at all ie fished off tight baitrunner, no indicators so asks the question why they are so timid on some rigs and not others or is merely a question of resistance change?

P

paul williams 2

Wol.......you are a t*8t!.......you have really really made me feel i have missed out this year by not eeling.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

Part 3 describes my reults with fish baits. I'll do a drawing of the rigs and get Graham it up with part 3.

P

paul williams 2

Andy....look foreward to that, personally i found fish baits deadly on some waters on some days....often when nothing came to worm, but some nights they were so frustrating.....rod tops bouncing but no takes and when holding the rod and line in fingers i could actually feel eels hitting and twisting at the deadbaits......scaling down sometimes worked.

W

"you have really really made me feel i have missed out this year by not eeling."

Good.

Drawings just for you Paul you can then add them to your Etch-a-sketch!

Tit

P

paul williams 2

Thats your fav word init.......any guests on that 13 water ;)

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

That's because he IS one Brummie .......