Ron Clays Bush hat

C

Chris Pearson

If you are online Ron or if not can anyone else remember,a mate would like the website address of the guy in Nottingham who sells the leather Bush hats.
I can't find the thread and only saved it at home.
Hope someone can help.
cheers,
ChrisP

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Chris - have you tried Brookes in Donny? They seem to have a collection of Ron and Tony style hats.

Obviously I'm no connoisseur but we both know someone who is who happens to work nearby.

C

Chris Pearson

Matt,
Its for Biggun,he's still a bit shy after getting sooooo much grief from the crackheads over in "the other place"

C

Chris Pearson

Tone,
Can you pop over at lunchtime with a camera and e-mail some piccies to Biggun,I think he's going "walkabout" ;-)

C

Chris Pearson

Graham,
Yes,thats the one.
Thanks for taking the trouble to search it out for me.
You must have been searching whilst I was posting.
Cheers,
Chris

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Mine is the second one from the top.

They are washable buy the way, but who would want to wash away all that slime, sweat and character?

C

Chris Pearson

You're very welcome,I sure you'll look dashing.
I'd love the Buffalo hide one but I'm a bit concerned, how you stop it lifting at the front when you sit back in your chair?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Yes.

My son is bringing me a genuine pair of ostrich skinned "Vellies" from SA next week.

Bet none of you know what "Vellies" are, bet you a tenner.

Tenner to the first person who describes them in detail without consulting Google or Jeeves.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

One tip I will give you, the word is pronounced "Fellies".

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I need a much better description than that Mike.

I'm looking for the derivation of the word and what it means.

mike berridge

Reaction score
They are very comfortable Southern African shoes made from hand stitched game hide, usually after they had killed something for food.