Pike trouble

Beecy

Reaction score
Fished the idle today and have had the worst pike trouble I've ever encountered.

I had at least 6 decent roach snaffeled from the edge of the landing net but worst was the number of fish that got taken as I returned them to the water, I even resorted to putting them back well out with the landing net but the pike soon sussed this and just followed the net to get his meal.

I had no suitable tackle to try and remove the pike, and no keepnet in which to protect the roach.

What would you have done? moved swims? - or just accept it as part of nature?

P

Phil Heaton

Beecy,
Go back this weekend with the pike gear at the ready.....I can assure you the pike will have you sussed and disapear.
On the other hand where on the Idle were you......

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
I had the same trouble on the Idle this week. One pike was so determined that it belly flopped on my keepnet to try and get to my fish.
I had pike tackle and removed it from my swim, but others that took fish off the hook wern't interested.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Just accept it. If it looked like a big pike and I had tackle with me I would have put on a roach and had it out.

Then I would have released the pike at least a hundred yards away.

You have got to accept that pike eat roach, especially those which behave strangely like one that is hooked.

Beecy

Reaction score
If you fancy a go Phil it was Haxey gate pub, peg 36 to be precise.

"Go back this weekend with the pike gear at the ready.....I can assure you the pike will have you sussed and disapear."

- too right mate, this was one clever fish, if I'd not witnessed it I would never have believed it.This thing was watching my every move,No matter where I tried to put a fish back the pike was there waiting!

Also, one point that may interest pike anglers, I had quite a few bleak and not one was taken.

Edward Keen 2

Reaction score
worst piking session

I was on a lake in lincoln land ing a roach on a pole when a pike hit it ohhh dear i had never seej the elastic strech so much than I lost a 80 pound pole and a 10+ pike

Edward Keen 2

Reaction score
weell i only lost the top section because it went crack it braught up a massive bill

can you recomend any decent roach grond baits