Lure fishing landing net

Y

yoggy

I"m in the market for a landing net suitable for lure fishing,the fox model is a great one but at 75quid a wee bit expensive,are there any alternatives i should be looking at?.

M

matt thomas

As lure fishing tends to be a mobile approach and the fact that pike and big perch are the target(i presume)you need something quite light ,easily transportable,decent size and with a coarse fish net ,
try the pafex net from tony fordhams shop,it folds down,has 32"arms black carp style mesh and a telescopic 7 foot handle,i use mine for roving for barbel and for piking so i'm sure it would be ok for lure fishing
fordham and wakefield 01892 863153
around 40 quid
if you wants pics i will email them to you,just let me know

G

Gary Knowles 2

Yoggy.

Get the Fox one - it is expensive but its sh*t hot. The mesh is perfect, it doesn't snag the trebles and more importantly doesnt damage the fish (split fins) like a lot of the round lure/salmon nets do.

I'd also ask Graham to move this thread to the predator section. You might get more replies.

Y

yoggy

Thankyou both,i"ve just been back to my local tackle shop,and had another look at the fox model,i must admit it is a bloody good net,so i"m going to wait till i can afford this one..one gets what one pays for!!!.

D

david bruce 1

Have a look at the Gye nets used by salmon anglers. They fit across your back with a quick release lanyard , have extending handles that you can withdraw with one foot and one hand if not already ladi out by your side. They - come in many large sizes with a choice of mesh types. Have a look at the site of John Norris at Penrith. They do a lot of mail order.