Can anyone suggest a decently priced pole

T

Tim Sidney

Having been a pole angler many years ago, I would relly like to get back into it but since the days of my old ?100 Neo Carbon monster I do beleive that things have come on somewhat. I overheard someone in our local tackle shop saying that he had just bought one that cost over 2 grand!I don't want to go to those extremes but I would Like a pole capable enough and light enough for me to use on an all day session. I would also appreciate any articles or advice on pole tackle and techniques. Where are all the pole fishermen? don't seem to hear much from them on this site or am I not looking hard enough.

T

Terry Edmonds

how much are you looking to spend? i have alot of friends who are match anglers, and i have also fished alot of opens.

T

Terry Edmonds

if you do a lot of fishing for larger fish eg.tench,carp,chub then i can recommend the preston lerc twin process carp its 14.5m long and costs around ?550 maybe cheaper at this price its in a class of its own stiff,light and responsive it will be fine for silver fish too. i know a few people with this pole and they cant praise it enough.

P

Peter Morton

Tim,
there is a lot of choice for ?500.Get yourself around a few tackle shops and have a good look,try a few and get an idea of the weight and balance,you'll be amazed how far they have advanced since your last one.
Personally i would have to agree with Terry and recommend that you take a look at the Preston poles ,the packages they do take some beating for the money.I'm on my second one and can't fault it.