Intrepid Black Knight

Red6

Reaction score
Guys,

I am not sure whether to post this here, but I will have a go anyway.

The first fixed spool reel I bought (about 40 years ago) was an Intrepid Black Knight, a classic boys reel of the time. Whilst rooting through some boxes the other day, I came accross it, still with the line on!

However, the winding handle finger grip is missing. I appreciate that they have little value in terms of pounds shillings and pence, but it has sentimental value to me.

Would anyone perhaps know where there is a 'reel scrap yard' (if there is such a thing) as I would like to put some new line on and give it a bash one day, just for old times sake.

Thanks
Ian

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
No news then - looks like a case of bodge something up from Milliput, assuming the handle's bolt is ok. Or see if there's one going on ebay.
My first fixed spool was an Intrepid Regent, the one with the dumb-bell-shaped reinforcer on the pickup; I bought one on ebay for old time's sake and couldn't believe how cr*p they had been!
"Never go back" - perhaps there's something in that.

T

tom riordan

QM Quality Service
Mr. Quentin Millman
21 Blandford Road
Lower Compton
Plymouth
Devon
PL3 5DS

Tel 01752 669389

Reel scrap yard for you, give him a ring, he used to customise my multipliers. I dont know if he is still trading but he was renowned in the southwest sea angling circles for repairing reels.