Still Water Roach Fish-In

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

This fairly large still water, an old clay pit, is well known as a big carp fishery. A syndicate was once run there by the Great Jewels himself. These days however it's a day ticket and night ticket water.

It is certainly not a muddy puddle. It is fairly large, fringed with lilies and rushes and is very attractive. Other than the carp it contains some good tench, bream up to 10lbs, a few very big perch, rudd and many specimen roach.

I have had catches in the past with not one roach under 1 lb!

Night fishing is allowed, although they charge a bit extra for that. There are toilets, a locked car park and shops are not far away.

Anyone who fancies a spring fish-in on this water, let's hear from you.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I'll be there, but I'm told it can be difficult to get a peg at the weekend.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I am up for it. Weekends best. Ron how many pegs are there would we be able to book the lake if we got enough interest.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

There are probably nearly 100 "pegs" there.

Some of them which are designed to take a bivvy would easily accomodate two angers.

S

sash

There's absolutely no chance of getting everyone on there at the weekend Ron unless the whole venue is booked. Even mid-week could be difficult but easier to reserve then I would imagine.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

What we need to know is how many are coming for definite.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I've just been talking to Gordon the bailiff. He remembers me when I used to fish it 7 years ago.

I made a bit of a clanger chaps.

There are 27 "carp pegs" available.

If all of those pegs are booked for the weekend it would cost ?35.00 per angler fishing for a period of 48 hours. But they must be booked. We now have time to sort this out and get our booking in. I don't mind paying ?35 at all. It will be a darned more entertaining weekend than watching TV or going to silly football matches.

Right, who's interested? As Gordon tells me there are 3lb roach in there if you can catch them. They come on well after the first frosts by the way.

And there have been some very big roach taken lately by a couple of roach mad regulars.

G

Geoff Cowen

Ron, She spits out her dummy ever time I tell her I?m going fishing. If I tell her I'm off for another night season or even worse a two nights - well!

I

Ian Cloke

Ron, could someone fish from 12pm Friday till 12pm Sunday, on a 48 hour ticket??

C

Chris Pearson

Ron,
Just a thought,do you think 2 could buddy up and share the peg,1 night each for a total of ?35,might suit a few who can't commit to all weekend?

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Sounds good but I need dates to be able to confirm anything as I dont know wether I will be home or not otherwise.

Paul

C

Chub King

I'm still in. I have had dealings with Paul Howgego (owner?) in the past and could approach him to see if a 'deal' is possible. Surely we could book ten pegs sometime this winter for a reasonable fee? I shall make enquiries.
If we had ten of the most appropriate pegs for 48 hours one weekend after Xmas then people could double-up if necessary.
I'll give him a ring to discuss. If I'm there and everyone's fishing for speci roach then he's almost gauranteed some coverage - we'd have to bank a whacker between us surely!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Go for it then Greg.

They charge you ?5 for a single day by the way.