Huntingdon Mill

G

Geoff Cowen

Lads, I'm off to Huntingdon Mill on the Great Ouse with the Caravan next week. Have any off you fished it? I also fancy fishing the 40 Foot Drain, which I believe is nearby, can I get a permit to fish it for Pike?

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
I have about 10 years ago.

Theres a wier pool there on the campsite which looked really good but we only caught small stuff.

Further downstream there is a small stream which from memory comes off the main river. There are some nice chub in this.

Other tham that I cant remember a great deal.

I hope you have better weather than we had, thunderstorms aint all that good when your in a tent!

Cheers
Paul

D

Deecy

Ramsey and District AA control the Forty Foot fishing and day tickets are available on the bank.

Y

yoggy

Geoff,there is also the 20ft drain,a few miles up the road,which is fishing rather well for pike at the moment.This is my local drain and is controlled by the Whittlesey AA,and is also day ticket.Feel free to email me for directions etc..

G

Geoff Cowen

Thank for that lads. I hadn't thought about fishing the drains, looks like a good idea with the weather getting colder. I might have a go for a Zander, one type of fish I have never fished for.