One of the finest lures in the world.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Strangley enough the vast majority of anglers do not know how to pronounce the name.

Most say: ra-pah-la.

You should say: rap-ul-uh.

One of my favourite crank baits was the superb Shad Rap. Caught many large and small mouth bass on it.

M

madpiker

i`ve got a few rapalas in my lure collection ron,and they all catch fish!(one even fooled a gannet once!)

?

<?))))><.???`?. born to fish (callum) made to wor

ya I like them but my second is storm wildieye catches much better...and then the tail falls off,,bit of a let down P>S when piking wobbling for seagull is sometime inevitable!lol = )

Chris Hammond

Reaction score
There's currently a thread running on another forum that suggests that the modern lure angler is overlooking the humble Rap-ul-uh in a form of angling snobbery. Some experienced lure anglers have questioned the build quality of Louis's range.

Personally, I wouldn't leave home for the ressies without a couple of the Super Shad Raps in my bucket. The very best trolling lure available bar none pour moi. I've also had numerous pike on a couple of their minnow type patterns.

If I think of lures, I inevitably think of Rap-ul-uhs at some point too. The name is synonimous with lure fishing to me. :)

J

jason fisher

i've got a box full of em for some reason, cant think why cause i never catch owt on lures.

C

Chris Bishop

Caught more on Shad Raps and the jointed minnow ones than just about anything else.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

The Finns.

It's Finnish you know.

All a's short, almost sounding like uh!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

What is Eminem?

Where ever I've been in the world I have tried to learn a few words of the local language. And to pronounce the language correctly too. I see nothing wrong with that. It helps to break the ice.

The only language I have ever struggled with is French.

Mind you, I was once tricked in a very bad way when when I asked this SA bloke how to chat up a very nice little Afrikaans girl who worked in the same office.

What he taught me was disgusting.

I didn't get a date with her!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

A Scottish bloke visits South Africa. He meets this gorgeous little prim and proper blonde Boeremeisie who's English is not too good.

He takes her out in his car to the drive-in to watch a movie. They are at the back and it doesn't take long for the Scotsmans hands to start wandering.

Suddenly the girl jumps up, pushes him away and shouts: "Moenie, Moenie, Moenie!!"

"Och Dinna worry aboot the money lassie, I'll pay ye later."

Chris Hammond

Reaction score
Great joke if you're Breaker Morant Ron. Doesn't mean diddly squat to an ol Suffolk bor thew???

Y

yoggy

I agree that the Rapala is a fantastic lure,and i`ve caught lots of Perch and small Pike using them on my local fen drains.However,over the last couple of seasons,the humble Rapala has been replaced by the Fox Chubby Chad,which i must confess has been alot more kinder to me than the Rapala.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

Ron. if its Rap-ul-uh then why did you say Finnish rather than suomalainen :eek:)

J

jason fisher

when i lost my box the year before last it cost 400 quid to replace them fortunately it was insured.