Ivan Marks Duckers

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
There was a question a while ago regarding the above, sorry can't find it but I have just cleared out my tackle store and in sorting out some old floats I had given to my kids many years ago, I have one!

FYI it's a small 5no 4 float. Reverse taper stem (wider at top) approx 3.5mm at top, just under 3mm at the bottom.

Stem 65mm
Body 34mm, max dia 8mm
Stem to ring 15mm
Ring 3mm

o/a 114mm (4.5" in old money)

Float is a work of art and hardly used. I also found some Avons and Sticks.

Float must be over 35years old, I used to buy floats from Marks and Marlow in the early/mid seventies.

Hope that this helps

Stu

Windy

Reaction score
I already offered a borrow of my ancient set of three matched Billy Lane original Duckers for the price of postage but he didn't come back on it.

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
I already offered a borrow of my ancient set of three matched Billy Lane original Duckers for the price of postage but he didn't come back on it.

Wow! Billy Lane originals, I'd get them mounted and framed. That is, unless you still use them. His Encyclopaedia of Float Fishing still sits on my bookshelf and I still use it to solve the odd problem.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
It was me that made the original request!!

Windy...my sincere apologies! I thought I'd emailed you to thank you for your offer but obviously not.......I did find the info I needed elsewhere-a family member-so I'm okay now!

Stu the blank...also my thanks for coming back to me with the dimensions-very much appreciated!

I would never knowingly ignore anyone so hope apologies accepted....

Windy

Reaction score
No probs... nor offence taken. Just thought it was odd that you didn't come back to me. But I know how difficult it is to keep an eye on one's own posts and replies, let alone reply to them further.

If you want a photo or anything to corroborate what you have so far then let me know.

I suspect that I have long since destroyed the originality value of my set by giving them a coat or two of polyurethane varnish over the years. ie. 25 odd years ago or so, when I'd have laughed in your face if anyone had suggested they might ever have any value.

Oh well. I was obviously never destined to be rich !

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
I'd have laughed in your face if anyone had suggested they might ever have any value

The value is in the eye of the beholder! They were and still are works of angling art. Hope that they still get wet occasionally! I'm going to give some of my the M & M's a dunking when I finally get down to the Itchen and catch (I hope) my first Grayling.