A Zed Fish In

R

Ron Clay

I think with the enthusiasm being shown for the zander, we should have a zander fish in come October time.

Venue:

Only one place for that: The Fourty foot at Ramsey Fortyfoot.

It's full of good zander with a very good chance of a double. If I can catch one then I am certain others can.

What does everyone think?

R

Ron Clay

Rob, there is a pub called the George right in Ramsey Forty foot at the side of the drain next to one of the best zander spots. Might be able to get a room there. Otherwise bring your bivvy or sleep in the car.

By the way one of the bar maids, called Sarah, makes excellent bacon butties and is prepared to offer bankside service to customers. She has the broadest Huntingdon accent I have ever heard and reminds me of one of Isaak Walton's milkmaids.

P

Paul Kendall

Ron - re the barmaid at the George

Can we have a definition of "bankside service" please ?

My mind went into overdrive !!!

D

David Will

I am up for it , let me know when and where please.

D

Dave Johnson

bloody hell Ron, I know we 'rib' you about nostalgic references to the Walker days etc, and they are said in fun , but did you really fish with Old Izaak Walton, and whats more remember wwho his milk maids were.......?

see you Friday mate

R

Ron Clay

Verily goode piscator I do recalleth that the one wythe lessor years was naymed Maudlin.

And she didst sing

"Come live wythe me and be my love,
And we shall all the pleasures prove"

D

David Will

No wonder the book never caught on if it's full of twoddle like that Ron.:)

D

Dave Johnson

David, check how many times it went into print mate........you will be surprised at how well it has sold

R

Ron Clay

Did you know David that next to The Bible, "The Compleat Angler" is the most read and printed book in the English language!

Pity about the young 'uns of today - no sense of history.

No proper schooling either.

D

David Will

Pity about the old un's no sense of humour.
;0 David Will BHD HISTORY!

D

David Will

Pity about the old un's no sense of humour.
;0 David Will BHD HISTORY!

D

David Will

For thee thou need'st no such deceipt,
For thou thyself art thine own bait.

P

Paul Kendall

Tis true - the compleat angler is the best selling non fiction publication ever - no one has yet proved that the bible is not fiction !!!!

D

David Will

The Frog and Pike story in 'Fourth day'is about as believable as the loaves and fishes one in the other best seller !!.Both good stories though.

John Clarke

Reaction score
hey is there anyway ican get the first 2 parts on the story zen fever written by graham marsden?

John Clarke

Reaction score
ok i put the wrong name in my above email it isnt written by Graham marsden it is actually written by Chris Bishop. if anyone can help please let me know.

D

Dave Johnson

John, Chris is a regular user of this site.I am sure if you put a new post out he will respond.