And thanks to Matt Brown

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Poor Adam got a hook stuck into his head.

I have hear that Matt was more interested in getting a picture of Adam's demise and had him pose at the right angle - ouch!!

We are keeping up with the misfortunes that seem to happen to our guys during these fish-ins.

For example poor old Graham nearly got gassed by Barney at the trout get together.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I'm sorry I missed getting photos of those of you who fished downstream.

I didn't want to be too far away from Adam in case he managed to impale himself again. Wouldn't want to miss a photo opportunity!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

And I liked Tony Rocca's hat.

We are of like minds; a proper fishing hat.

Tony by the way reminds me of my old mate Steve Crawshaw in the 60s, who also wore a proper fishing hat.

Paul B

Reaction score
Ron, nice write up; Matt- pics to usual high standard (night shot works well).

P

Phil Heaton

Thats the first hair higged forehead i've ever seen, bit of advice though.....you need a bigger hook with a head that size.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Nice one Ron, it was great, I really enjoyed it.
The four hour drive home was a bummer, but hey! A 5lb chub and a lovely bunch of blokes (new friends) made it worthwhile.
I also got to see the Trent in it's full glory, what a river! 8oz leads Sheeesh!
I'll be back! I've got a score to settle with the Trent, those barbel have got no chance next time!

See you again guys, thanks.

Steve.

Hobby

Reaction score
Sorry i could not be there at the time, had to go on a stag do.

Great shots Matt.

I thought Bob was on holiday.

Did you get photographic evidence of Tony using the carbons?

I've got the antidote for Chris Pearsons curry if anyone needs it.

The Burmese Barbeler

T

tom riordan

Nice article Matt, loved the pictures, it pissed me off not being able to get out to the fishin this weekend. Ron what is the Trent record for homo sapien then? do you reckon Adam was a weigher or did he get chucked back in, he has to be the most unusual catch of any fm fishin yet. The fishins are getting better and better every time one is held, I will definatally be feigning injuries/illness at work so I can get to go to the next fishin. Another nice touch to last weekend is that nobody had to empty the river of every fish to have a good time, although I must add that DB is starting to get a bit of a name with the old chub, Chub King better watch out the DB might be the prince in waiting.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Tom, 33 years chasing a 5lb chub and I get two, and a 6 pounder in one season.
Strange coincidence since joining FM?

T

tom riordan

Rate you are pulling them in DB we will be reading about you in the papers in a couple of years time.

T

Tony Rocca

Hobby,
Bob made a "special" appearence, his fees in the post to India.

Good piccies Mat and Ron caught the spirit of the event, such times are not just about catching fish I think. In fact they are not about catching fish at all.
I enjoyed it.

You wont catch me freezing my whatsits of for a roach in January though.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Hobby, I have the pictures of Tony with his carbons and he is now paying me by direct debit so I don't release them!

C

Chub King

I did wonder at Mr. Rocca's lack of cane!
Is it me, or does Bob look a bit off colour? Must be the shock of being out-fished by Tony!
Great pics Matt. Well done Ron, good fishing. And I've got my eye on DB - no way I'll give up the crown (or was that clown?) without a fight. I'm turning into the bloody eel king at the moment!

C

Chub King

Serves me right for fishing maggots. Just what was I thinking?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Graham, I am the stupid looking tired one, top row second right.
Tony Rocca next to me,
Paul B below me,
Chub King, Jeff Cowan, Chris Pearson, Tom.
Young Max Pearson.
Matt B with the weed, Adam with the hook.

And I'm sure you know the Hat!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Which ones Greg????????

I feel a photo-shop coming on