Please advise!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
The fact of the matter is as follows: Since joining this forum I’ve been given some top quality tips and now I’m afraid I’m on the old ‘Ear-ole again!. So here goes: I am planning a three day-two night trip with two of my colleagues to fish for carp (4th/5th Sept). We are looking for a venue that holds a good head of carp, has good access and obviously allows night fishing on a day ticket. (if that makes any sense?) I live in the south east (Kent Actually) but for the length of the session we’re happy to travel (to an extent). There are three of us so any help will be gratefully received.

I am a member of Mid Kent Fisheries but unfortunately they don’t allow guests until after October!
As Always
Cheers!

A

Andrew Dench

Stuart,

You could try Crown Netherall (nr Broxbourne, Herts,) its just opened up again and is now being run by Simpsons of Turnford with limited day tickets that can be booked in advance.
Jimmys lake in Corringham, Essex - lots of cats in there too
Willow Park near Aldershot,
Farlows in Bucks (just off the M25 near the M40 turnoff)

R

Rob Brownfield

Stuart...if you are wanting large mounts of upper doubles with a smattering of 20's, from a water that is comfortable and safe to fish, I would recommend Catch 22 in Norfolk. Its a wee bit expensive, but its great fishing. There are clonking bream in there too. E mail me if u want more details.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Andrew, If my memory serves me right and be an ex Basildon-ian, Jimmy's is neary woody's right?

M

Mark Frame

the talk of the town. in st.albans is bowmans farm is the easiest carp water in the country
jct22 m25 then follow the signs

D

David Will

Mark have you ever been to Bowmans? No offence but I would not have someone drive from Kent to fish that place.The same applies to Farlows.Sorry lads but compared to Linch Hill or Shimano Linear there is no comparison. Additionally no rats , no tackle thieves and bailiffs who actually know what they are talking about. The car is safe too.
I know it is a fair old trip from Kent but both these offer quality fishing.Try Hunts Corner or Hardwick on Linear.

T

Tim Sidney

No Joy at Westbere Lakes Stuart, do they not fish Nights on a day ticket? or Monks Farm? Milton? Three Lakes? Alternatively Lake Cassien (France) Biggest Carp around , Good parking, and if you fish at the Southern end lots of undressed females (naturist end)

Tim

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Tim, I took a look at Monks Farm, walked round on a Tuesday morning and it was like a camp site. I mean literally shoulder to shoulder. tents, cars and bivvies every 12 foot or so. Just far too crowded for me. With regard to the Milton Complex, thats run by Mid Kent Fisheries which is fine for me but my two muckers are from out of town and there are no guests til after October. However I would be interested in to know more about Westbere? where is it exactly?

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
thanks for the advice Dave, I'll take a look at Shimano. Any more suggestions are welcome. Fanx!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I'm now gonna try Pallington Lakes (Dorset). so fanx for the advice! Does anyone have any horror stories about this place or is all well with this venue?

N

Neil Wayte

Stuart have you thought about the South Lake at Yateley.Safe parking and a very pretty pit.More info about it on rmcangling.co.uk.Go to the forum and look at the day ticket board.

C

Carp Angler

That's down near me although I've never fished it, but I have heard quite abit about it.

Barbless hooks only, no trout pellets and no nuts.
You'd probably be best buying your bait onsite, as everyone uses the Pallatrax baits made by the owner.

Stacks of singles, a few 20's, but hard to connect with because of the number of small fish.

The margins are good, your own if you're quiet or the far sidw if you're not.

Unhooking mats, 36" net and Klinik (or similar) are compulsary.

C

Carp Angler

Neil got his post in before mine.
My post is about Pallington not Yateley south lake, although I have actually fished there.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Thanks Neil, I'm gonna keep a note on Yately til the next pass I get from the ball and chain! But for now, we are almost definitely on for Pallington.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Dear Carp Angler, someone recommended Pallington on this forum through a private posting. I then picked up 'Carp Talk' the weekend and saw their ad for the lakes. Under the ad was another talking about their boilie service, so like you, I thought bingo, they must be testing their baits on their own waters. I've since called them and booked me and a couple of old codgers a session (I mean mates, sorry guys, I know you read this -HE-HE!). The guys at Pallington gave me straight talk and recommended we fish the 'Course Lake' which is producing solid doubles, low twenty’s and a few late twenty's. Aparently, theirs thirties in their but you know me, I'll be thrilled with anything banked!

For the record, we're off on Tuesday-Thursday 4-6 September. Absolutely welcome to join us, we're a sound bunch and I owe you a beer! If of interest, mail me privately!
cheers again
Stuart

C

Carp Angler

I am off on the Tues/Wed/Thurs but seeing as I'm fishing Stoneys at Yateley on the Fri/Sat/Sun I'll probably only be able to get down for a day or so.

N

Neil Wayte

Your doing Stoneys are you Rik.I'll try and get up there so the old git can nick my money,which lake are you on.

C

Carp Angler

On the match lake, hopefully trying for some cats.
That's if I can be prised away from the catering van :eek:)

S

Stephen Booth

how about going to shimano linear fisheries in oxford.
Good sized waters, good sized fish and a really nice clean environment.Give it a go u wont be disapointed