digi diary

S

Skive

Nice fish graham. glad to see your at em again.

did you get my text the other day?

If not I've lost your number, can you text me

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Please note those of you ditch fishers in the South the immaculate condition and colouration of the Trent fish.

Some of them have ventral fins which are bright orange!

Nice one Graham.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Looks very pale, manky, bits falling off it, most people would look at it and run a mile. In a very sad state i'm afraid!

Fish is a cracker though.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Ron, I like Barbel with bright orange fins. The ones in the Wharfe, for instance, are a fine example.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
A nice barbel Graham and yet another PB, for the Trent at least. Have you ever noticed when anglers report their biggest fish, the amount of times its a one fish session, its uncanny.

Ron you do talk some waffle at times, its a nice looking fish right enough but no better looking than the barbel out of any other river. I've seen loads like it and with just as much colour, most barbel look as fit as butchers dogs just as this one does, thats what makes them a bit special.

C

Chub King

Well done Graham, lovely fish. Ignore Hatrick, he's just fed up of casting into ditches with no water in them!
Hooray, it's raining! Plenty of days of reeling in clumps of weed and getting wiped out by rotting vegetation to look forward to! And the obligatory snigs. I'm catching mkore eels now than I was in the heights of summer. Bloody things seem to love me!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Ja well you see Graham I'm biased.

Some of the Severn fish I have caught in the past have had pale fins, floppy bellies and mouths full of 18 hooks with the front spine of the dorsal missing.

And I've had a fair few like this.

My biggest ever Warks Avon fish also had no spine to its dorsal.

And anyway it's nice to wind up you southerners....... :eek:)

L

Les Clark

Mouth full of 18 hooks ?
Have you got punk barbel up your way then Ron ?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Hey Graham you can't let Wol get away with a comment like that.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Adrian it proves that we old farts can still catch fish.

I had to go and show them how to do at at the last Trent fish-in.

:eek:)

J

jason fisher

law of averages really if you spend 30 years blanking your bound to catch eventually

W

Wolfman Woody

IS that when my time will come Jase?

Lovely fish Graham. I'm green with envy, but you've just nominated my next target weight.

T

tom riordan

Great catch Graham,a perfect start to the winter on the Trent. I have had a bit of luck with Chub upstream of Burton this last couple of sessions so the river is finally coming into form after the early autumn doldrums. I am drooling in anticipation now as I am fishing Cuttlebrook this weekend and after this rain I am hoping for a good session.