Coypu ?

shaun coxall

Reaction score
Mate of mine has just phoned me to say he has just seen the biggest water vole he has ever seen.Working on the track at a place called Tasburgh. He said it was a huge thing he saw,just off the embankment of the railway line.
It could not be a Coypu could it? I thought they were eradicated in the 80's.

shaun coxall

Reaction score
He has told me he could not get over the bulk of the animal, so a minks out. Otter, maybe, but that would be a sighting and half . Can only hope it was next doors moggy , drowning.

P

Peter Waller

Tasburgh in Norfolk? There are otters in that area, so I believe.

P

Phil Hackett PCPL with Pride

There could still be one or two around. In the early 90s me and a mate were doing some serious Z fishing in the Fens. We were at Welch?s Dam and on the water meadows, which were facing us, there running across it was a Coypu as bold as brass.

My mate said what?s that? ?A coypu? I said! ?And Maff said two years ago they?d eradicated them all!? ?Well there?s one they didn?t get,? was his comment!

shaun coxall

Reaction score
I have submitted my little story to a number of wild life web sites, and i am getting the affirmative as regards that it is possible there are still Coypu's about.
My mates back there next week, i'll tell him to keep a lookout , which is ironic as thats his job on the Track.

P

Phil Heaton

A local nature reserve had a couple of coypu's last time I was there about 15 years ago. I don't go now as the to**ers no longer allow fishing and sections of it are only open to 'special' members, not the public.

C

Chris Bishop

Me and a mate hired a boat at Wroxham last winter and there was meant to be one knocking about there some of the guys that worked in the boatyard said they'd seen it.

M

mark williams 4

When I was a kid, there were a lot around in Suffolk. Made strange noises. I can't help feeling a bit sorry for the remaining few. Must be lonely.