Where do you fish?

• Thread starter Christopher Bermingham
  • Start date
C

Christopher Bermingham

I like to fish the wild brown trout lochs and rivers on the Isle of Islay and Jura.

what about you.....

I

Ian Cloke

I must say I'm envious of you Christopher.

My main area for fishing is South Yorkshire. Where I do many different styles/types of angling.

C

chris (newbie)

You'll need to come on holiday to Islay sometime, there is some good fishing to be had and it's cheap to.

Risle

Reaction score
Hi all new to your forum

I spend my time on our little stretch of the Risle river in Normandy. 10 mtre from the front door and away you go! A good life

Risle

T

The Monk

Christopher, do you get any coarse fish on Isle`s of Islay and Jura?

W

Wolfman Woody

There's a village called Normandy between Aldershot and Guildford.

Nice one Risle. What town are you near?

Risle

Reaction score
Sorry woody
Normandy France on La risle riviere!
Near town of Brionne

Risle

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Who wants bloody coarse fish when there are wild trout to be caught mate.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Once spent a couple of months on and off surveying in Tobermoray Bay when I was in the Navy in the 50's, its a really beautiful place, the Western Isles. Not many pubs up that way but the sea fishing is out of this world.

davestocker

Reaction score
The English Lake District. Wild brownies for free on Ullswater and Haweswater. Eden and tributaries (Eamont, Lowther) - arguably the best wild brownie river system in England. It's a game fishers paradise up here (north Lancs), and the piking can be good, too.

C

chris (newbie)

The Monk

There is loch cam on Islay which has brown trout and perch in it, but i've onyl ever caught them in the fly. There is Loch Alan which currently has a problem with roach and rudd(shouldn't be there). Think there is also a loch with pike in it somewhere else on Islay but not too sure.

C

chris (newbie)

btw the sea fishing on Islay and Jura is pretty sweet too =)

W

Wolfman Woody

Risle

Just off the track. Went along the A13 once for a meeting in Lisieux. Couldn't help but call in Honfleur on way back - the most painted port in France. Pretty place, you are lucky living there.

Risle

Reaction score
Woody
Honfleur is a favorite place of mine...I go there often. If your in the area again, come fishing on our river. There's some good brownies waiting to be caught. Just send me an email.
Risle

W

Wolfman Woody

Thanks Risle, but that visit was just over ten years ago. Further back than that I worked for over a year in the south of France, on the Cote Bleu just out of Marseilles.

Don't get the opportunity to go much these days, but soon may buy a small villa either Normandy or Brittany and retire. Wherever it is, it has to be good fishing!

S

Steve King

Jura is a lovely island. I have sea fished off the old landing pier in Craighouse and caught a few pollock. I didn't get around to trout fishing, pity.

I have also climbed the paps - shall we give it a go next year Monk (if you can tear yourself away from work??!!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I used to know the customs officer who was stationed on Jura(he was transferred there from Liverpool)he used to look after the distillery there ---and his boss used to HAVE to let him know when he was coming to visit -because he had to organise a boat to take him across, Which was very handy as it gave him a chance to 'dry out' before the boss arrived......