Off my trolly

S

Steve Ayscough

After years of lugging all my tackle on my back 've decided to treat myself ang get a trolly. There are so many on the market and would appreciate any recommendations that you have

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Dont get a Sainsbury one, they take ?coins.

Carp porter is what i would invest in.......

MK2 has been used on the Yateley lakes complex for a long time by numerous anglers and is as good as new. Since its introduction it has been talked about as carp product of the year.
Features:-
Perfect point of balance ensures easy work of the heaviest loads.
Sliding bars front and side allow you to create any size stable base for your tackle. (Up to 40 x 32 inches). Importantly this feature stops your tackle falling off once it is loaded ?
Good ground clearance to avoid high grass and bracken.
Rear rod holdall bar and front adjustable bar enable your precious rods to be carried safely and securely.
The porter breaks down in seconds to fit any size boot.
Durable paint finish.
Thousands already sold. Standard equipment for many carp anglers.
Folded size 36x20x7 inches.
Folded size 36x20x7 inches.

About ?100 if you shop around.

And if your a right tart like Rik then it converts into a table to!

Joskin

Reaction score
I have an off road quad bike that gets me from my front door to my chosen peg with very little effort indeed. :)

Highly recomended.

N

NottmDon

Try and get your quad through the cattle gates at Burton Joyce Joskin! Its like a dam assault course to get to the pegs I like to fish lol.It used to have easy access and a car park but they put boulders across them both as the travelling community liked to pitch up there for weeks at a time. A quad would be nice though for the easier runs. Same problem with a barrow unfortunately as one would come in handy for the longer trecks. Suppose the best thing would be for me to find swims that are easy to get to:)

D

Deecy

Carp porter MK11
Perfect point of balance ensures easy work of the heaviest loads. Until you try to put it down on anything other than level ground, then it will fall over.
Importantly this feature stops your tackle falling off once it is loaded unless it falls over.
Rear rod holdall bar and front adjustable bar enable your precious rods to be carried safely and securely. As long as you use a cover for your rods or use sleeves otherwise you risk snapping rods in the undergrowth.
Durable paint finish. No it isn't, expect it to flake.
Wheel supplied is poor and needs frequent reinflating.
Axle is sited through two holes in the struts.This means the axle rotates directly onto the holes causing wear.
The arms supplied will bend when you try to prevent the trolley falling over.
I have had mine about 6 years , it is a bit like Triggers broom in as much as it has been modified over those years by an engineer friend and has more new parts than old.I am not buying another yet but wondered if anyone who runs on two wheels and has used a single wheel thinks it is an improvement ??

W

Welsh Goff

Had my Nash double wheeler for about three years, and the amount of gear that goes on it is for two.
I'm more tham happy with it.

Big Mart

Reaction score
I was about to purchase a Mk2 Porter until i read your post Deecy. Anyone else out there had trouble with their Mk 2?

Let me know as I have the money burning a hole in my pocket as we speak!

PS Whats the cheapest anyone has seen one for (Several on Ebay now for ?80 on Buy It Now)?

L

Les Clark

I agree with Deecy on all points ,had mine about 5 years ,still useing it but would`nt buy another ,their only good point is that it breaks down well and fits in the car boot taking up minamil space .

Big Mart

Reaction score
Have they changed since they first came out all those years ago?

Both Deecy and Les have had theirs longer than 5 years, surely some of the problems have been ironed out?

Richard Poole

Reaction score
yes they have a bit, legs now fold instead of detach and wheel on a bar with a pin through to hold it in place rather than those push on caps

Big Mart

Reaction score
Cheers Richard,

Think I may treat myself to one now I know.