Rods advice

Mr Bones

Reaction score
I?m after rod advice again (sorry!). I was all set to go for the JW signature avon quiver when a friend pointed out that you can only fish one style at a time. Due to my some what limited budget he suggested going to two cheaper rods. One feeder and one match (twice the enjoyment at once).

As I stated before my budget is limited so I?m torn between the Ron Thompson Panther Feeder ?19.99 or the Okuma Haunt Feeder ?34.99

Also the RT Panther Match also ?19.99 or the Okuma Haunt Match ?34.99.

These would probably be used with two Okuma Undertaker reels (one 30 and one 40).

I have read things on here about the RT rods snapping which has tended to scare me a bit. Are they cheap and cheerful or are they good rods for the money. Are the Okumas? better?

Many thanks in advance.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have heard tales of the R.Thompson rods outside of this forum mate.
Yes they are cheaper, but may cost you more in the long run.

Joskin

Reaction score
You get what you pay for with all of the rods you have mentioned.

Surly if you have two rods you will need two reels and that would bring the price right back up again?

why would you want to fish more than one method at a time anyway?

Mr Bones

Reaction score
Thanks guys.
You get what you pay for seems to be the rule as you say. Having investigated further within the forums the Shimano Hyperloops seem to get a good press. So I may well get them as I have tracked them down at a very good reduced price. Below ?30 for each.

I had already allowed for the reels, but the cheaper the rods the better. My wife tells me I have to many hobbies already, the most expensive being the Motorbike (my other woman).

What else is a man to do? Ride and fish... sounds good to me..!