Advice wanted on letting

M

martin campbell

I want to lease out a pond for coarse fishing. It was built for trout fishing but we think the market may be better and the management simpler by letting to a small purpose-made coarse fishing club. I bought 'Coarse Fisherman' to see what I could find out but it carries no classifieds along those lines- perhaps another magazine or internet notice board? There are stories of terific sounding rents achieved, but we don't really have any idea what it might be worth. We don't want the amenity value of our country home affected by being overrun with strangers or to feel we have much management duties, so I envisage a small club taking a long lease and carrying out the stocking and other management themmselves. Any helpful pointers or comments for a landlord appreciated- or requests to view from interested parties.

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Why don't you obtain the names and addresses of the secretary's of the local fishing clubs and write to them offering them a chance to bid for the water. A local tackle dealer would be able to supply the addresses of the local clubs.

The club committee's will have dealt with leases before and I should think one or more of them would be more than happy to enter into a partnership with you on your terms. Clubs, depending on their finances, are usually on the look out for potential new waters.