lakeside,ranskill

ryan.b

Reaction score
i'm about to start carp fishing instead of course fishing, but before i spend a bomb on tackle i need to know how old you need to be to do an overnight session. ( i am currently 16 ) if anybody can help me at all it would be appreciated.
thanks

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Depends if mummy will let you go and the rules of the controlling club

ryan.b

Reaction score
i already knew that. you must be a comedian with that funny comment. i call my mother mum, despite the fact you mite still call yours mummy.

E

If you already knew --why did you ask??

By the way it is COARSE fishing not COURSE fishing ...

ryan.b

Reaction score
well done, you've shown a bit of intelligence. i already knew what you told me, not what i asked. Get it right. i'm asking how old you have to be. thanks for the spelling correction dad.

ryan.b

Reaction score
and i'm talking specifically about lakeside fisheries at ranskill, by the way.

E

Ask the people there .......

It only takes a phone call

E

that only takes a bit of intelligence..

E

and in case it's too hard for you to find ......
Telephone (Nigel or Lynda Hawke) on 01777 818524

E

You should have done what I did ---just put lakeside,ranskill in google and read it ...but maybe you,like me, didn't have the intelligence ......

ryan.b

Reaction score
i already tried that before, and non of the sites tell you how old you have to be to fish the carp lake over night!

Foxy

Reaction score
Boo, Ed stop picking on the pups! Ryan pm me if you want some info on overnighters, dont know anything about Ranskill though

Foxy

ryan.b

Reaction score
cheers foxy, do you know good any overnighters in south yorkshire, preferebly nr sheffield. and if so, how old you have to be.

B

Big Swordsy :O)

Ryan B
at 16 you may be a couple of years too young to be allowed to overnight on your own.

But do not think that overnighters are the be all and end all, try doing day sessions and exploring other styles of fishing it will in the end make you a better angler allround.

Also your first few overnighters should not even be attempted on your own under any curcumstances as they can be very un-nerving.

A couple of places around south yorks you may wish to try

Higham farm
Pebbley
Harlesthorpe

all the best
Lee

Foxy

Reaction score
Ryan,

Bit to far North for me mate, im in the midlands. Listen to what the swordmeister has to say. Enjoy your days as well, especially if you havent been fishing for that long. Ive been doing short night sessions on a club water for the last two years and have started to miss the day sessions. Its alot easier to do your rigs, watch the water, watch the weather patterns in the day etc than it is at night. Also at this time of year when it gets dark early its more or less get your rigs out and retire to the brolly!

Make sure you take someone with you as well. Its amazing how quickly a rat / rabbit trying to get at your bait or your food can turn into an angry murderer at 3 in the morning when its pitch black!

If you are going to do a night or two, i have listed some essentials (based on going out on a november night).......

1. decent head torch. I have a Petzl,?30 and worth every penny. essential item for me
2. coleman burner. keep them cups of tea coming! also good for some hot food
3. coleman lamp. I like to keep warm! be careful with them though and make sure you dont torch the bivvy / yourself!
4. nice warm clothes. Wear 3 or 4 thin layers rather than one thick one. i usually have a long sleeve t-shirt, sweatshirt, then trakker fleece then an old army goretex jacket that i bought from an army surplus store!
5. warm food. something hot thats easy to prepare, bacon sarnie, soup, sausages, pasta etc

i could go on and on, but that to me is the bare essentials

ryan.b

Reaction score
cheers for your time mate well appreciated. I am going with my mate almost 17 so we shud be r8. what would you reccomend i take with me when im fishing in early february?

C

Chris Pearson

Ryan,
You wouldn't go far wrong following Lee's advice re.Harlesthorpe Dam at Clowne,get yourself on the island it's where me and a few mates started years ago when we were your age and the great thing-no rats and no risk of intruders(there's only 1 boat).

C

Chris Pearson

Meant to say if you were definately going for a 1st all nighter.