Southern Fisheries

C

Chris Lawrence

Hiya
Does anyone know any good carp fisheries in the South I dont wanna travel to far,
I'm looking for good day ticket water or even decent syndicates to join.

Chris

C

Carp Angler

"the South" covers quite a large area, can you be more specific?

C

Carp Angler

The Hants and Sussex Anglers Alliance, which is the umbrella for Portsmouth, Bogner and Petersfield Angling clubs(and some others aswell), have a wealth of waters.
The carp waters with decent sized fish are in Gosport, Denmead and Hayling Island, which are all on your doorstep.

I'm not sure how experienced you are and what you are looking to achieve in the way of numbers and size.
I can offer alternatives if you require, but let me know what you are realistically looking to catch.

G

GYPSY DAVE

From what i can gather both CARP ANGLER and i live and fish near you. Both c/church and Ringwood offer good chances of 20's and 30's and if one of us can't point you in the right direction i would say we both need shooting.
what size exactly are you after?

C

Chris Lawrence

Hiya
Yeah I'd like to catch my first twenty, I've tried Chichesters southern leisure but its extremely hard (And very weedy at the moment).
It doesnt have to be stocked with just carp but I want decent size fish not tiddlers.
I've done a bit of piking at Broadlands but never really tried it for carp, will do with my 2 weeks off work though.

Thanx
Chris

C

Carp Angler

Sorry mate, if you like Broadlands then you are best off speaking to someone else.

C

Chris Lawrence

Wots up then dont u like Broadlands or have u never fished it.
I'm really looking for a quite well stocked lake where I can learn without getiing dis heartened by not catching for weeks on end

D

Dave Johnson

you will be in good company with Rik then, he can go ages without catching.....LOL

G

GYPSY DAVE

Nothing wrong with Broadlands lads. Except the litter,over crowding on holidays and high days,proliferation of field testers for Duracell,swim poaching when your catching,one rule for day'ers and another for syndicate,etc,etcetc.
Oop,s soap boxing again.Terrible habit.

C

Chris Lawrence

Yep I take it your not a fan of the place. I know wot u mean by overcrowding!
Do u mind if I ask where u fish?
Have u ever fished Petersfield heath, is it any good, are u allowed to night fish?
I used to be a member of portsmouth angling but found them not very good, especially as u have to pay through the nose now to use more than 1 rod at sinah lake.

C

Carp Angler

I only ever needed one rod at Sinah.
Pellet over maple in the edge on the float.
3 or 4 carp in an evening.
This was about 5 or 6 years ago, so I don't know what the place is like anymore.

G

GYPSY DAVE

To find out where i fish go to "publicity" on threads. Apart from that, no i have not fished petersfield, but carp angler has more experience than me in Hants area.
Good luck

C

Carp Angler

Petersfield Heath is generally shallow with loads of small to medium sized carp.
A double is a good fish.
Most people carp fish it, but a more match style approach will bring you loads more fish and of an equal size.
Nightfishing is limited to, I think, 10 tickets.

Personally, it's not my kind of venue.

Brownich in Gosport and Soake in Denmead hold some very sizeable fish.
If you know anybody at Sparsholt, ask them about the winter netting on Brownich.

Soake is a beautiful, small and interesting lake that holds some big fish, unfortunately it's near the Weecock estate in Waterlooville, so summer is a bit of a lottery on the car front.

Mine was vandalised several times, but that could have been the jealous carpers.
(3 x 20's in my first 12 hour overnighter)

There is an absolute wealth of fishing along the south coast for decent sized carp and you don't need to go to places like Broadlands to catch them.
Admittedly, most of the fishing isn't easy, but then that is part of the challenge.

If you want specifics on a certain venue then just ask as I've fished most waters within the region.

Tom Biggs 2

Reaction score
Hi Carp Angler you dont know the postcode or website, even anywhere you can find more info out those 2 lakes Brownrich or Soake? Your help would be much appreciated, im a student at pompey and its been killing me trying to find lakes near, all i found was that Heath lake which is to be honest, a bit boring.

Thanks.

sparkie

Reaction score
forumicon.gif

5 forum posts Hiya
Does anyone know any good carp fisheries in the South I dont wanna travel to far,
I'm looking for good day ticket water or even decent syndicates to join.

Chrisif you're able to get to the mushroom farm in hailsham there's alot of nice sizes in the speci lakes up to 40lb. that's closed til season but the match lake which is open has cats up to 32lb which take good to lobworm. hailsham's in east sussex near eastbourne

B

Bully

His post was over 7 years ago, I hope he has already found somewhere!!

sparkie

Reaction score
didn't notice the date. he probably knows more fisheries than me as i'm new to the scene myself./forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

robert mann 2

Reaction score
Have you tried River Farm at tichfeild always god for a bend in the rod if you just starting out but it does not open again till 27thmarch unless things have changed and i would not go then as it was far to busy last time i went on opening day.