Milk

• Thread starter paul williams 2
  • Start date
P

paul williams 2

just watched on tv the plight of the milk farmers.....whilst i feel for them and the way supermarkets hold them over a barrel i couldn't help but wonder where it was going as one of them drained it from his storage tanks.

The drains i saw it going down looked like storm drains......hope it ain't going to find it's way into our water ways.......it is very very life threatening to water.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Had the same thought when listening to the story on the way home.

mattzzzzzz

Reaction score
Its illegal to pour quantities of milk into the water system
At work we have to leave it in the packages and send it back to be disposed of if its out of date or temp range

P

paul williams 2

This was actually filmed on TV....the farmer let it into the waste from his large stainless storage tanks....like i said they probably get a raw deal but this aint on!

The TV company arriving probably put him up to it, perhaps they would pay any potential costs?

T

The Monk

Milk reduces oxygen levels in water and can wipe out fisheries, we had a prolem many years ago when a local farmer used to pour the waste milk products into a steam, it was only when the local club removed a weedbed that the milk waste started to go directly into the fishery and the effect was devastating on the fish population

W

Wolfman Woody

I saw one on TV pouring it onto land, but I think the EA would have soemthing to say about that also.

Shame for them, but as you say Brummie, this isn't on.