New Look FISHINGmagic

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post a thread to throw you all a friendly warning that FM is undergoing a spot of electronic surgery.

In a couple of weeks or so all the Magicalia sites, including FISHINGmagic, will have a new look, which we hope will not be just skin deep but will make the site easier to navigate and give me, as editor, more control over what you actually see on the front page.

It will probably take a few days for you to get used to it, to find your way round again, but I feel sure you will agree with us that the change will have been well worth it.

Several months of really hard work by the design and technical team have gone into it, and now the editors and staff of the Magicalia sites are testing it before it goes 'live'.

P

Paul Thompson

not bad!! :-} but a thread I posted yesterday seems to have gone missing Graham, likewise with another one about Larford. any ideas?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Paul, not really knowing what I'm looking for the best thing to do is go to the search on the front page of the forum, choose threads from the drop-down, and then type in a keyword (Larford for instance) and see if it comes up with what you're looking for.

Nobody has deliberately deleted any threads or messages during transition to the 'new look', but I suppose it could be possible that one or two got lost in the ether.

If you can't find them please feel free to post them again. If a duplicate turns up later I can always tidy up.

P

Paul Williams

Graham,
I'm missing the whole Larford thread....i had mail telling me there was a new posting but no thread to read it on..... :eek:)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It looks like you're right. I'll see what we can do tomorrow. Paul, did you get your email notification before or after the 'face-lift'?

P

Paul Williams

Graham,
Is the "edit message" facility for use like the old style system?.......coz when i tried to edit my last message it said..."Sorry this page is not for you".......

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I don't think you should be able to see that, it must be another of the little bugs we've got to iron out. The 'edit' and 'delete' facility is only for my use.

A

Alan John Degville

Graham' iposted one about wether there is a fishin at atcham on the weekend of the 15/16th september.Ive put about 5 posts about this inthe last 3wks but has of yet haven't even had a reply .If there is a fish in .Please let me know 'if so i'd like to attend ,if not i can make alternative arrangements for that weekend
I'm not sure about the new site my late father in law used to say if ain't broke why repair it.
Cheers larry

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Got to say I like it. Took a bit of playing around, but it's growing on me. Only comment is that the screen is now very 'busy' Difficult at first to concentrate on the bit you want.

P

Peter Morton

Very nice,takes a bit of getting used to,but have to agree with dave that the new format does make the screen rather busy.

P

Paul Kendall

Graham

Alot of the threads do seem to have gone walkies - e.g. if you click on a thread in the box on the left it throws you into an error page.

G

Gary Knowles

I seem to be going against the grain here but I quite like it !

Things move on, I assume the guru's at FM are well experienced at web design and assume we'll all be used to it in a couple of weeks.

R

Robin Tapp

Hi Paul,

Could you do me a favour, from what you've said I think you're using IE in which case can you go to the 'Tools' menu click on 'Internet options' go to the 'Advanced' tab. There should be an entry just a little bit down in the list that says 'Show friendly http error messages' UNtick this and apply these changes. Now go back to the page that was giving you an http 500 internal server error and tell me what error message you get now.

If you've got any problems with any of this please do ask.