Hot Hemp

Colin Smith

Reaction score
Anybody know where i can get hold of dryed flaked chillis? this is what is used to make hot hemp by some of the top anglers, but i havent seen it anywhere?

If you cannot get hold of it, what would b an alternative to use?

Cheers, Col

Colin Smith

Reaction score
Thanks for that ED, however i was thinking of something a little more direct, such as a super market, or a shop of some kind, thanks anyway, will give it a look! :p

B

Big Swordsy :O)

Any Indian supermarket will have dozens of varieties of fressh dried and powdered chillies...happy shopping!

F

Frothey

sainsbury's have got it

chilli oil is good, chilli powder works. dont forget the salt.

CAT

Reaction score
ED NICE ONE!!!!!
I have been looking for some where that sells "Dave's Insanity Sauce" for ages and they stock it on the site you put the link to, top man.
It is the hottest sauce EVER its what they put in a Phall if you send it back cos its not hot enough, get some of that in your hemp.

W

Wolfman Woody

Asda have the Rajah range in.

There's dried chilli flakes or there's Rajah Chilli powder. That's like dynamite!

Easy with it. Great in a chilli too, believe it or not.

W

Wolfman Woody

Just found the bag -

Rajah Whole Red Chillies

They don't have a sell-by date on them, they have a "half life" in years like nuclear fusion material. These are Bird's Eye chillies.

W

Wolfman Woody

Just soaking some seeds up now. 2 parts pigeon conditiner, 1 part large hemp, and a small handful of teasels. Wondering if I should add anything to it because it has the aniseed smell of the conditioner anyway.

Bradocks - Hot Spice
Belachan - thanks Froth.
Tiger juice -
Hemp oil -
Shellfish oil -
or Chillies - but I'll grind them up first so there are no big pieces in there. Nothing worse than getting a big piece of bird's eye chillie in your throat.

F

Frothey

salt...

theres something called "thaumatin b" that essential market - not cheap but its a great sweetener/taste booster

W

William Spencer

what about a good old teaspoon of garlic salt per pound of hemp?

frothey not used thaumatin b but have used mainline's sweet ade and now hinders talin.

Foxy

Reaction score
Bit cold at the moment, but tescos do a chilli infused oil. Add a couple of teaspoons to your hemp, spot on!!

They also do a truffle infused oil. Very very good as a single hook bait soak.

Try it, you will be suprised....

W

Wolfman Woody

In the end I emptied what was left of the Braddocks Hot Magic into the mixture.

To that I put in a good 50 grams of chopped and whizzed up chillies and 2 stick of whizzed up cinnamon.

Strange this is, after boiling the smell got all around the house and all I can smell now is like fresh cigar smoke everywhere. It's on my old cloathes in the curtains and probably in the carpet.

I was wondering what to use as a bait over the top of this and thought of a hair rigged stogie of a Romeo Y Julietta.

This could be expensive fishing!

P

paul williams 2

Hemp is magic on it's own.

Have any of you proved beyond doubt that all the adits have made any difference?

Be honest!....and yes i have spent my hard earned dosh on messing about, but is it for the fish or just our own confidence?

The fish like hemp for a reason.....sometimes we may even change it beyond even their taste buds!?

C

Cakey

Im with you Paul.......Ive always argued that if you flavour sweetcorn with strawberry your now fishing a strawberry