End of season priorities?

chav professor

Reaction score
The end of season will be upon us so quickly, what with less than favourable conditions over christmas. Just wondering, what are your angling priorities over the next few months. I am hitting the river tomorrow for a now rare days trotting bread for the chub. I am praying it will just be fining down sufficiently for that perfect foot depth visability and the EA hasn't seen fit to run off all the water overnight.

priority 1: Catching as many chub over 4lb over the next few months as time allows.

priority 2: try and extract a decent roach or two on short after work sessions.

priority 3: A 20lb plus pike.

Gosh, so much to fit in!!!!!!!

richiekelly

Reaction score
when/if my local water becomes ice free [its liken one of harveys waters at the moment] i shall be trying to catch a double figure zander by design,the only double i have had so far came to half mackeral while piking.

dannytaylor

Reaction score
Think it maybe all systems go this week, most local waters have begun to slowly thaw and there are some good low pressure systems forecast for midweek with double figure temps, cant wait :)

As for "priorities" im aiming for some pike, roach, carp and possibly some grayling (yet too catch my first one) and perch. So much to cram in but im sure i will enjoy it whatever happens, that's unless the ice comes back :mad:

Reaction score
My three 'optimistic' targets before the end of the season are a 25lb pike from the Severn, a 2lb roach from the Teme, and a 13lb plus barbel from either river.

johnnyfby

Reaction score
To catch as many 12lb plus barbel as possible, then again anything that pulls my rod round will do.

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Just to get out and enjoy my fishing. Priorities other than that are:

A chub over 5lb 8oz

A double figure barbel

A 20lb pike

So little time, so much to do!!

chav professor

Reaction score
I am enjoying this thread - it is nice to share expectations with some true optimists!!!!!:) Right - goals set. I'm after some of the chub tomorrow, i'll let you know how i get on..:D

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Really just to get out and fish, haven't been out anywhere since mid November!

Apart from just fishing more in 2011, some targets I would like to achieve are:

• 20lb Trout (if the wallet will allow!) Ironically, today's conditions are perfect for some winter stalking at Avington, first time in ages, but the grandkids are arriving any minute now!
  • A 5lb chub from my local little river
  • Some decent roach from the middle Thames
  • Check out some very local venues which for some reason I've never really explored.