Banned! Banned i tells you!!......

Foxy

Reaction score
Joined a nice little syndicate water in the summer. 50+ twentys, two known 30`s and one that looks about forty. Nice place, just three dedicated carp lads allowed on the water, the rest is made up of pensioners + noddy bashers.

My only issue is, the chap who runs it is very easily influenced by the latest gossip on banning things. Find below a list of the current bans (and counting).....

1. No Peanuts
2. No Tigers
3. No Braid (hook or main line)
4. No Boilies
5. No leads over 1.5oz
6. Barbless hooks only
7. Largest hook size to be size 10
8. All leads must be running
9. Method feeders allowed but 1.5 oz only
10. No leadcore
11. two rods only

I dont have any major issues with most of the above, and im sure you all know of or fish waters with similar rules. But i am looking for ways around these rules. Ill list below methods currently used, they may help you in your own fishing.Any bait suggestions would be welcome as im running out of ideas!!

1. Chick peas dyed red and flavoured with Tutti, with a small piece of spicy red Pepperami over the top
2. Maize soaked and dyed Tutti / strawberry
3. Using a large bread punch, "cored" bolies on the hair, they look like a pellet and have passed scrutiny!
4. Tubing instead of leadcore
5. method mixes around a small feeder cast twice as many times as larger feeder
6. maggots en mass! / medusa rigs etc
7. Bread
8. Castors
9. fake corn / neon baits
10. Fake maggots / neon maggots
11. paste made with chopped tigers and stuck round the middle of a method feeder with normal ground bait on the outside + a fake tiger on a d rig on the hook ;)
12.Ahem..... bright orange ear plugs cut down and balanced fished with a grain of maize
13. PVA Bags of Milkshake powder + marvel / angel delight
14. Small boiled potatoes + flavour of your choice
15 marshmallows
16 M&Ms!!
17 large 21 mm halibut pellets left to soak in spicy shrimp and prawn, fished as a single hook bait

18 er, er thats about it........

Suggest away please!!!

Foxy

ByNasty

Reaction score
Do you find the earplugs are better if they have been used already?!

Seriously though, you've got some pretty innovative thinking there although I think you are bending it a bit too far with the chopped tigers and the cored boilie.
Why not go for some paste? Make it nice and stiff but quite oily and fish it wrapped around something like a pellet so that if it gets nibbled by bits you will still have a bait out.
The clear tungsten leaders are worth a look to get around the leadcore ban or just use 25lb flourocarbon with a flying back lead (providing it's tied safely).
Mini maples are also well worth a look.

Blunderer

Reaction score
He may as well same himself some ink and just change the above to "No carp angling". Ridiculous.
I have been on two fishing holidays years ago. In both cases their rule was "no groundbaiting or loose feeding". WTF?

Foxy

Reaction score
Blunderer,

Forgot to add. "only one lb of groundbait to be used in any one session"....

Blunderer

Reaction score
Dear me - that's one decent sized ball, isn't it!
By the way, I have never heard of a syndicate frequented by noddies and pensioners. It sounds more like a little one-water club, if you know what I mean. where do you live? Mustbe down south because if a water up here had that stock there would be 20 bivvies on it permanently and a waiting list as long as your arm!!!!! In fact it would be one of the top waters in the whole NW!

?

<?))))><.???`?. born to fish (callum) made to wor

I know how to get away with bollies and not cheat......

1. Get some Bisto curry sauce granules and put them on a slice of bread. Mix it in and then start to roll it into balls...put it in the micro wave nuke them for a bit then leave then for week in the open and let 'em go 'ard. Perfect curry balls?..Paste...bollies

2. Last summer they done Irish cream rollos, they worked excellent!

Melt them and smash them up and make them into ball, then put them in the fridge they go nice and hard?.. smell just like scopex

3. Try Horlix/Oveltine paste

Put some eggs and water in some Horlix and mix it??.then you got your self a good paste for putting round your bait or hook bait (might melt off the hook)

4. Get millions (the sweets that is) chew 'em up and put it on you hair in a ball. Alternatively just hair rig them 1 by 1. Use the rig with the small loop coming from the shank -advantage you got about 5 different flavors to choose from

5. Use chewets

6. Cheese paste (or plain cheese)

Wet some bread into a try bread mash then work the cheese with your hands and mix them in well??. you can add flavors to this mix

7. Meatballs

8. Spam

9. Pieces of hotdog

10. Alive BLOOD WORM PELLETS trust me hookable ones are a killer!

Hope you like my 10 selection!

?

what kind of reply is that?

Foxy

Reaction score
Blunderer,

Im down in the east mids. The water is a two water club, one purely for matchs and stacked with carp up to 2/4/6 lb. There are a few good uns in their. Some bloke had a 32 of the top this summer, bloke who owns it didnt even know it was in their!

Nice place to fish in the winter as you can usually get a run or two no matter what the weather

CAT

Reaction score
I know of such a place like the fore mentioned, the owner is an old lady, we call her Yoda, she goes nuts if you feed dog biscuits to surface feeding Carp because someone told her that it can blow them up and kill them?

Also if you have to stay in the peg you started in no stalking, even if your the only one on the bloody pond?

In the words of Yoda "You have paid to fish from there not anywhere you like"

Then when you do catch one of her Babies she appears from no where like Yoda saying "Its such a shame, that poor fish"

She is quick to take your money mind but does not want you to catch any fish.

W

Wolfman Woody

"1. No Peanuts
2. No Tigers
4. No Boilies"

I bet his fish would love a good wholesome meal.

Foxy

Reaction score
Cat,

I was walking round the pool last W/E and got chatting to the bloke about why he has so many bans etc. I can see his argument over peanuts and all that, but he just comes out with the most bizzare reasons for banning them. I assumed that it was because he didnt want people bailing in loads and loads of peanuts and affecting the condition of his fish.

ohhhhhh no

He claims that he found a fish washed up and their was a peanut lodged firmly in his "bottom" (the fish that is)and it had died a very slow and painful death, which im sure it did. However, lets be honest has anyone ever heard of anything like this in their life? i havent and i have been fishing a long time now.

Floaters also work well on the pool, and hes not banned bread / mixers etc etc and you can have some really good days on their.

Which leads onto the next rule........ and fair play i can see why he has imposed this becasue it really annoys me to.

Fag ends

Hoards of Noddys turn up for their weekly match and enjoy a smoke (as do i) when fishing, the place was getting messy so if you are caught with fag ends lying around you get a warning and then a ban. Which is fair enough.

He then went on to explain that the fag ends get blown onto the lake, and the carp take them like any other floater (and they do go nuts for mixers on here), he says he sent a dead fish for an autopsy and found four fag ends all tangled up in the teeth at the back of the fishs throat, so we rambled on abit about this fish and he said

"the problem is, most people just dont understand how dangerous fags are to fish"

I couldnt resist it and said

"crikey, how do they get them lit under all that water?"

arf arf arf

CAT

Reaction score
Well the peanut stuck in the arse is a new one, lol

I thought the only reason peanuts were banned was because if they are not prepared properly the mould that grows on them when they are lying on the bottom of the pond is poisonous to both fish and humans.

I have a friend called Rex Ward who owns Barlow fisheries, he lost hundreds of Carp on year because a match angler who was sick of the odd Carp cropping up in the matches and winning it, decided to chuck loads of peanuts in the pond a couple of days before, to put the Carp off feeding!

It worked all right, to the tune of 200 dead Carp because the stupid idiot had just chucked normal bird nuts in that turn poisonous very easily.

It was only after the fish were sent away for analysis that the reason the fish were dying was discovered.

Foxy

Reaction score
I have seen some lads chucking in handfuls of un-cooked hemp before......

The mind boggles!

?

they can swell in a carp stomach aswell

?

that is if thier not soaked or boiled

C

Cakey

there was a hemp ban on one of my local waters ...................everyone used to walk on with 3 or 4 flasks but the place had a cafe.........all very strange

?

lol ummmm but they didn't even like cofee