Float ledgering

Robbie H

Reaction score
Hi guy's.
Anyone used this method recently? Have grasped the theory of this method, but only one question- does the float need to be attached top & bottom or bottom only?
cheers

W

Welsh Goff

Bottom only RH, i use Dave Thomas Locslide floats with a feeder on a deep dock and its a brilliant change from quivertipping.

njb51

Reaction score
What is float ledgering? What advantages, if any, does it hold over quivertipping?

Jonny

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Float ledgering is very handy in rough conditions, or when there is a lot of pull on the water.
I use a paternoster set up when I do it, as it still gives you the opertunity to use a float instead of quivertipping

W

Welsh Goff

Jonny, like all types of fishing it has its advantages and disadvantages.
Myself i'm a bit of a float man so i will use it as much as conditions allow.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As I said Jonny,
Put a float up the line first. Then tie a paternoster link on your line. The bomb or feeder goes on the short link, and the hookbait on the longer one.
This has the effect of anchoring the float in one place.

njb51

Reaction score
Ah, thanks Baz. I think i see some advantages in this method, if i get it right that is.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ideally, the knot where you tie the hooklink needs to be about two inches below the feeder or bomb, so that the hooklink its self stands clear.
Somebody could do with putting a drawing up on the rigs page, as this is becomeing one of the forgotten methods.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Not that i been Piking lately but i often use this method when dead baiting. Its great to watch that float slide away.

W

Welsh Goff

Jonny i dont use the paternoster method, float first then rubber bead then swivel then about 2 to 3 feet above swivel put a number 6 or 4 shot on your m/line, finally your h/link on the other end of the swivel and away to go.

Robbie H

Reaction score
What's your thoughts on using this method on a river? My intention is fish along side some over hanging bushes and reeds down stream of my peg. The target species is carp and i feel that they are being spooked by the line running parallel to the bank at the angle it does. I think i need to keep the line up and out of the way of their patrol route.
cheers, Rob

njb51

Reaction score
Oh ok, i get it now, its just what i was thinking of actually. I've read about a rig like this before. Some guy was using it to fish margins. He called it the 'margin float rig'.