Relocation

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Now then Chris,

You know very well that I do not speak like that!

C

Chris Pearson

Ron,
You do when you've had a few and you lapse;-)

W

Wolfman Woody

Sorry Chris, but this just will not do. It fails to meet the ethnic needs of those of us who come from the western side of the Pennine range.

Although some words are fairly common to both Yorkshire and Lancashire, there is a need for it to be grammatically correct in Wiganese (at the very least) for a Lancastrian to be able to understand it fully. This is blatantly all in Bransleyese, with a smattering for south and west Yorkshire.

To be fair, some Lancastrians living close to the new borders (Est. 1470) who were formerly Yorkshiremen that surrendered in the battle of Luddendenfoot, may still muddle through it.

For most, it is still unintelligable and the only way I can muddle through it is because I worked with a bos from Barnsley for a few years who taught how to speak it fluently. Hence I have no trouble in understanding Alan Scotthorne and even Ron when he phones me.

So, in order to preserve ethnic diversity I suggest they go back and form two versions. One - the Lancastrian to be know perhaps as the Ecky-Thump version and this for Yorkshiremen, The Eeh-bah-gum version.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Where's Bransley Jeff?

And do you know I've never heard The Monk ever say "Ecky Thump" or any of my locals in Yorkshire ever say "Ee bah gum".

C

Chris Pearson

"Sorry Chris, but this just will not do. It fails to meet the ethnic needs of those of us who come from the western side of the Pennine range."
It's Ok apparently there's a Punjabi version due out in time for Christmas;-)

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Its about time they got their own version, has it got a translator? Maybe us poor suvverners would be able to understand them norverners a bit better if it has, its very difficult sometimes tha knows!

Love it Chris! Have you looked at the haircut bit, hehehe!

W

Wolfman Woody

"It's Ok apparently there's a Punjabi version due out in time for Christmas;-)"

So, they'll cater for t'Bradford folk then as well!