How do i catch these fish

C

Caldwell Matt

I sometimes fish this lake,it is 8 acers,gin clear,very weedy but has some clear patches,jam packed with Rudd and 2 swans that eat eat everything they can reach,we see the carp but dont know how many are in there.i have tried boiles and pellets but no joy,sweetcorn,mags,peanuts,the rudd love.Can anyone throw a bit of light on what i might do. Cheers Matt.

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
Use the baiting pyramid get the rudd activly feeding bringing attention to the spots just use a large hard hookbait,but most of all find the fish and follow them when they move.

C

Caldwell Matt

I have tried night fishing and blanked,i saw carp rolling but they were not near the clear spots which are few and are out in the main lake,oh ment to say it is 5 ft deep max,there are only ahandful of swims,private lake,no boats allowed,tree lined making it hard to cast.i know someone will tell me to go some where else,but i would like to catch these fish. Thanks Matt.

C

Caldwell Matt

Most parts of the lake the weed is only a foot under the surface,All i can do is keep trying.Thanks for help,Matt

S

sash

Create your own clear spots by heavily baiting areas that are not usually fished but that the carp do appear to visit. Feed plenty of particle type baits and between the carp & swans the area(s) should a) become clear and b) give the carp an area they feel confident in feeding where they don't usually get targeted.

Make sure you feed these areas out of sight to other people that fish otherwise your lovingly created "hot spot" will be nicked by someone else.

C

Caldwell Matt

Only me and a couple off mates fish it for carp others just pike fish.Good advise ta very much.One last thing should i bait heavy now or in spring/summer. Cheers Matt.

S

sash

Personally, I'd wait until Spring but then I've no great experience of carping through the Winter as I tend to switch over to other species.

If you are keen to get them feeding on boilies, start with the particles for a couple of weeks and slowly add more boilies as the baiting goes on.

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
sash' s advice is sound its the baiting pyramid.

I would tend to use long hooklinks with a critcally balanced bait to sit on the weed dont forget to pinch on some pva nuggets each cast.

As it is only 5 feet deep i would fish it through the winter as when the sun hits the lake the water should warm up quickly and you will soon find carp there.

The shallow water also means the carp will never be too far away from the bait

some of the lakes i fish go over 25 feet hard for the fish to find the bait if they are a foot below the surface

if it was me i wouldnt go too overboard with the bait but remember any particle will be anihalated by the silver fish etc.

Keep us informed and good luck.