Barbel 'The Traveller ' again.

I

Ian Cloke

Why do people insist on catching the same fish? Do they lead that boring a life????

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Because it's there Ian I guess.

That's why people climb Everest over and over again. With one difference, Everest stays the same height.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

If you are fishing for a relatively small head of barbel in a fairly confined fishery you will get repeat captures.If that is the "Traveller" then I dont suppose there is much the captor can do much about it.

Some might think that the challenge of catching barbel from that stretch had been met and it was time to move to pastures new but that is a decision for the captor alone.If he is happy then thats up to him.

I am not sure how much credit or even publicity I personally would claim if I was the captor on this occasion.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

It will be interesting to see how many more times that fish is caught and to what weight it finally reaches before it dies.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I also wish the angler concerned would also accurately measure the length and girth of the fish.

Years ago we used to talk a lot about condition factors.

B

Barry Edney

I would like to think that maybe after catching the fish a couple of weeks ago he would have moved to a different area of the fishery. And perhaps try different methods and bait. I hope he wasn't fishing the same spot ant style as last time.

I don't know how much a ticket costs to fish there, but one things for sure. If I'd paid a couple of hundred notes to fish somewhere I wouldn't stop fishing there just because I had caught the biggest fish. I would carry on until the end of the season at least.

J

john ledger

Merve
How about you and me capturing the poor bugger and bringing it home to Yorkshire,might just give it some intelligence,It would look well stuffed over my fireplace

Derek Lewis 5

Reaction score
hi,i would like to see one come out of the hampshire avon that size,there was years ago.cheers derek.

B

Billy boy Smiffy

why's it called the traveller?iv'e got a large carp in my garden pond with more space to travel about in than this fish,might just have to change his name to traveller!?or possibley teardrops!?hey hears an idea, wot about over feeding it up with high protein boilies and pellets and calling it two tone!?anybody fancy buying a season ticket?exclusive syndicate of course,150 year waiting list.....if of course your face fits!!!!!!

Rotofryer

Reaction score
the traveller is in a 2 mile stretch of the river.
it was caught in a different swim!
have you lot cosidered that the guy may like fishing there?
he has a ticket and likes the place so why should he move off just because he caught a fish?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Roto makes some good points. The captor has an article in next month's Coarse Fisherman that tells the facts about the capture, his recent visits, etc. I suggest everyone reads it before commenting further. It may change your mind about a few things.