Marks Ledger Tube

C

Clive Evans 1

Mark very taken with this idea the moment I saw it.
Best of all it makes tying very short hook-lengths much easier, especially for an old codger like me.
I got together some bits and pieces and made one up. The result seems to bear out your findings pretty well, so I will get a better made one before I take it to the lake to try it out.

The only fault (if it is a fault) I could find was the amount of lift possible, between the end of the tube and the feeder, which appears to happen slightly before the pull begins on the main line.
This is probably fairly easy to correct if required, but is it necessary?

What do you think, Mark, or anyone? Would that movement spook a fish into dropping the bait?

njb51

Reaction score
My thoughts are that the tube would have a slight bolt effect and may cause the hook to 'prick' the fish's lip, thus causing it to bolt, which is what the rig is meant to do.

J

john ledger

Clive
Cannot remember Mark asking me if he could use my name

C

Clive Evans 1

No Jonny. It's pretty clear from the article that Mark is trying to create a running-ledger rig.
However, I think you are right about the action. If the fish pulls towards the rod then it tends to pull against the feeder. A light feeder would move, a heavier one would resist more.
But does that matter to the indication at the rod tip?

njb51

Reaction score
Yes, sorry Clive, didnt pay attention to what i was writing!

I meant that the tube would offer resistance against the hook when the fish picked up the bait and may 'prick' and scare the fish into bolting. A bolt effect without being a bolt rig, if you see what i mean. I think that's the idea of the tube anyway. Unless i've misunderstood.