fishfight.net - please sign up

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Jeff has listed this from the front page news item but I thought it deserved it's own thread too.

Please sign up for FISHFIGHT, it costs nothing and is picking up a lot of support.

chav professor

Reaction score
Signed up - disgusting practice!!! seen our coastal sea fishing wax and wane due to the pressures of commercial fishing..........We can thank over fishing for our commorant problem on course fisheries.

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Signed up - disgusting practice!!! seen our coastal sea fishing wax and wane due to the pressures of commercial fishing..........We can thank over fishing for our commorant problem on course fisheries.

Totally agree Prof. I have signed up too. Also sent the letter to my MP.

richiekelly

Reaction score
done that geoff,i will never understand this stupid and reckless policystill thats poloticians for you.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I agree, everyone should get behind this

Absolutely, a crime by any standards. The solution is there, limiting the time trawlers can fish, obvious.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I've signed up...................does it include free membership to ATr?

Just sickening to watch so many fish thrown back dead-and this was just one boat!

I'm going to try the mackerel rolls with horseradish and the coley-looks good and much cheaper than cod.....

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I'm getting emails now asking me to sign up, one from Ireland even!

I'm sending the link around to all who I know and asking them to pass it on.

(We could also do with chefs stopping using eels in their menus too!)

stikflote

Reaction score
done ,but i have known about the practice of chucking dead fish back,,why kill em in first place bloody stupid,the mentality of our Govt bodies is beyond reason,
if it comes to pass that the seas have no more to give, will they stand up and say its our fault we killed the fish,, more likely say we are all in it together

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Watched Hugh F-W's excellent programme (salmon farming, capelin, oily fish, fry-up outside Parliament visited by various worthies etc), agreed that discarding is terrible, yet also thought a couple of things:

1) Encouraging diversity in people's fish diet - "Eat oily fish / lesser-known species fish, and give the usual cod, salmon and tuna a break!" will very likely only see many more species being fished out (and the usual CST suspects continuing to be fished just as hard, too).

2) That we (Coarse) Anglers might care to give some thought to our decade-long pellet addiction.

dannytaylor

Reaction score
Watched Hugh F-W's excellent programme (salmon farming, capelin, oily fish, fry-up outside Parliament visited by various worthies etc), agreed that discarding is terrible, yet also thought a couple of things:

1) Encouraging diversity in people's fish diet - "Eat oily fish / lesser-known species fish, and give the usual cod, salmon and tuna a break!" will very likely only see many more species being fished out (and the usual CST suspects continuing to be fished just as hard, too).

2) That we (Coarse) Anglers might care to give some thought to our decade-long pellet addiction.

Forgot about that :eek: Good point RE pellets Paul, we as coarse anglers can be a very hypocritical bunch :rolleyes: