Another Quiz

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Ah but I got the bridge! i know it only too well as they closed the access to the river whilst it was being build and I had to crawl through hedges and climb barbed wire fences to get there.

It was the southern jesse trout water that got me!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Average score for this one is 7/10 (so a little harder) :)

If anybody wants to send me some questions (and the correct answers), I'll happily include them in a quiz.

This ProProfs Quiz Maker is pretty good. Very simple to link or embed the finished product to the web. Very simple to create the quiz although obviously needs time to formulate. The best piece of software of it's kind that I've seen.

I'm using the free version at the moment which restricts the collation of results data and will probably display some advertising banners during the quiz but so far, very good.

Last edited:

Fred Blake

Reaction score
9/10 for me too - but it wasn't the bridge that got me - it was the blasted Itchen. Fished both Avington and LIF as well, but couldn't recall seeing that particular object on either.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
9 again, but it's not my superb knowledge of fisheries, it's my super knowledge of Neil and where he fishes.

The bridge was a guess, but that was never a brown trout, never! Far too many spots, but nver having seen a tiger or or brook trout close up, I took a guess. You won't find one in the Thames looking like that.

Come to think of it, you'd be hard pressed to find one in the Thames at all! :confused:

BTW, I'm filling them with pseudonyms in case I score poorly and look stupid and only score 70%. :D :p

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I got the bridge one right after many times looking on google earth but I have still never been there.
However I only got 6 right overall. TBH blew out on question one and said gudgeon......

and I have fished at Avington and was fooled by the flipping Itchen sign in the pic........