It's a good fish Woody

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Well done old chap, and I've never caught a chub as big as that either.

Glad to hear your op went OK.

Time to get yourself a G6 for Christmas by the way.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Congrats on the fish.... and the op Jeff, relief all round then eh :eek:)

C

christian tyroll

great fish well done,
a lovely place your fishing,
is that a national trust house on the other side of the river?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Lovely chubbly Jeff but why beat yourself to death over it, does it matter that you never targetted that particular fish? You were fishing and you caught a fish, as it happens a ruddy big fish for a chub, you caught it you weighed it and you're a happy chappy and rightly so. I can't see anybody claiming its unfair, not unless they're idiots anyway.

Its an absolute stonker mate, congratulations.

W

Wolfman Woody

Thanks peeps and I'm not beating myself to death over it Graham. It just got me thinking about one or two silly statements that people make when someone catches a new PB when they were targetting a different species entirely. For me, a fish is a fish is a fish, no matter when you catch it or how many times you catch it.

That goes for the Traveller too. I dare say the people or person that has caught it may just like going to that part of the river and may have been after other fish to see what the average size is. But what of it if he was trying to catch the same fish, if thats what floats his boat.

And thanks for the pictorial reminder of my past complaint, Graham. I don't think they were quite that bad at their worst, but I have to say the 2 weeks of tears and pain were worth it. Even my wind breaking has gone up a few keys from Bflat to G and on occasions I can even hit upper F# now.

W

Wolfman Woody

UPDATE -

Forgot to mention that Frank Guttfield phoend me last Thursday to say that he had caught another big chub of - 7lbs 2ozs - witnessed by Barry Horwood as well.

I think we might be in for a cracking winter!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Woody LOL.

As for the merits of your capture, dont worry about it.A fine fish make no mistake.You wouldn't have caught a wily old chub like that if you weren't doing something right in terms of presentation,location etc.

I suppose in terms of personal satisfaction a fish coming at the end of a targetted campaign might be the ultimate but I reckon I'd have to discount most of my big fish if that was the case.

Dids Frank's fish come from the same stretch? I never did get round to taking up your invite of last year .. now could be the time!

W

Wolfman Woody

Within a few yards, Nigel.

Where I was fishing, there was a huge sunken branch in the water that caused the current to divert. In the last rains that branch finally gave up the ghost and washed downstream. It means that where I thought I was fishing was a crease, ain't a crease anymore. It's all changed now, but where Frank fishes (close to where he is in that picture) is open water anyway.

It's just that he won't tell me what bait he's using!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well done on the chub mate, I hope I get one like that sometime.
I didn't know you had been hospitalised, or I would have made the pilgrimage to come and watch you suffer (o

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
That bunch of grapes isn't too bad Jeff, Ed's were like a bunch of plums.

Great fish by the way, and well deserved. Makes all the blanks pale into insignificance. You know you caught it, we who know you know you caught it, and anybody who thinks otherwise can go and peel you a grape...

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

"Ed's were like a bunch of plumbs"

He He He!!

There was a character in Viz Comic called "Nobby and his Piles"

Now we have a character on FM called "Ed and his Plumbs"

:eek:)

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

And Graham isn't kidding --- they WERE like a bunch of big juicy purple Victoria Plums --

They even had a 'bloom' on them:

ED's PLUMS

W

Wolfman Woody

"There was a character in Viz Comic called "Nobby and his Piles""

Please Ron. I've just been nibbling Nobby's Nuts. That's bad enough.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
"Dids Frank's fish come from the same stretch? I never did get round to taking up your invite of last year .. now could be the time!"

Nigel, don't tell me you are going to target the two largest chub in Woody's swim...! Shame on you, keep it quiet or the chub circus will arrive, hehehe;-)

Well done Jeff, that is a clonking chub and too right, of course it counts.

Where did I put that signed copy of Franks book, did he mention chub tactics?

Good luck with the Farmers, "Bleeding" things.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I often wonder why we poke fun, mirth and jollity against people who suffer with hemaorroids?

Actually one of the funniest adverts on TV is the bloke in the theatre being told by his battle axe of a wife to stop fidgetting.

If I ever had a wife like that I would have her topped.