anyone got a korum day shelter

nicky

Reaction score
bought one of these over the christmas but havent used it yet, did get it out of the bag to have a look at it but what a struggle to put it back in its carry bag does anyone actually bother or just stuff yours in a hold all i can imagine it would be a nightmare when cold and wet after a long days fishing

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Bought one of these for my lads when they first came out, great bit of kit.

Once you have put the shelter up and taken it down you will soon get the hang of it, we found it very easy. The shape when in its bag means it doesnt fit into all holdalls. I have a large quiver holdall that holds it just fine.

I have used it in very strong wind when piking for the day, stood upto it no problem, I have also used it when fishing one nighters in the summer, takes a bedchair easy enough.

Quick to set up and take down.

IMO it is one of the best, if not the best day shelters I have used, a mate had the TFG thing, now that is a pain in the A..s, not only to put up but to take down. I bought one from the FM charity, what a load of trash.

colfish

Reaction score
an old mate of mine has the mk 2 version and i must say compared to weight ratio, the kurum d,shelter is lighter than my oval, he also uses this for night sessions and like earlier post has no trouble fitting a bed chair underneath this d,shelter,good bit of kit for the price.

johnnyfby

Reaction score
I have the Dayshelter mk1, i did overnights in it until last year, no problems at all. During the closed season i saw a Chub snooper bivvy going for £60, on looking at it, it came with a ground sheet and zip off front which makes it a day shelter, which does give me more options.
The chub snooper bivvy is more than worth the money, with more options, but i cant take anything away from the korum shelter, as its been a god send.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I bought one of these last year after asking on here for recommendations. I was informed that the best method was to fit the storm poles and peg it out then remove the centre pole, good advice as it leaves a stable dome with a fair bit of head room. It's a cracking bit of kit.

nicky

Reaction score
Bought it after reading such good reviews its the first decent quality shelter i have bought, put it up and took it down in the garden no problems just took twice as long to but it in the bag