Which Freespool reels?

G

Garry Beesley

The bail arm mechanism on my Daiwa Regal X has just broken (could be repaired I guess - anyone know a good contact?) I have decided that I need a pair of free spool reels (too lazy to watch the rod tip!!) and 2 new rods. I generally do Bream and Tench fishing but usually use light weight carp rods for this. I don't want to spend a fortune but want value for money - all suggestions gratefully received!! I have looked at Okuma and also WMAC have deals on lots of "cheaper" reels but not sure of the quality.

W

Wolfman Woody

Just recently bought a small Tica Sportera 3507 (about the same as a Shimano 5000) and it is a delight to use. Sold by Maver here.

Looks very much like the Shimano too. Look on Ebay for some bargains. Two almost new ones sold for just ?20 each and ?6 postage over the weekend.

G

Garry Beesley

Woody,

Thanks for the advice - I will have a look around and see what prices I can find. I have been looking at the smaller Shimano baitrunners but the cheapest I can find in ?50 for the 5000 on WMAC.

Cheers.

M

madpiker

the okuma interceptor reels are available in several sizes,the smallest is suitable for tench etc.they have a 5 year guarantee and seem to be strong and reliable.i have used on in the bigger size for piking(including trout water boat piking)and found that they are up to the task.

G

Garry Beesley

Madpiker,

The interceptors have been reccomended elsewhere as reliable and very affordable - thanks for the advice - I shall go and look at prices for a pair.