Serious question.....

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

For a short period the retention system or your landing net.

Graham did have a pic of it but i cant find it.

E

EC

Wide mono mesh or carp sack 'fishery approved' type ?

Am not talking 50 fish in the net here, just one at a time for a short spell on the odd occasion that I choose it might be appropriate not to let the fish back straight away, or maybe while I set up a camera etc!

Any suggestions?

E

EC

Soz Woz, posted as you were writing!

What retention system mate?

E

EC

Just an old carp sack stitched to a piece of chicken mesh, I'll knock one up no problem!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

A large keepnet pegged upstream to rest a fish in times of low O2 water content would also be a reasable idea, but only one fish.

Personally I have not used a keepnet for barbel for many years.

R

Rodney Wrestt

I think the carp safe mesh net would be the best keepnet choice Eddie.

How big is a Queenford Retention System? I like the look of it, weren't they originaly used for bream?

W

They were Rodders but are ace for most species that need a little shall we say after care.

1 or 1.2 metre in length. This shows you how popular they are/were......

<a target='_new' href="http://www.rmcangling.co.uk/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=CourseGeneral&Number=148465&Forum=All_Forums&Words=queenford%20retention&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=2&Limit=25&Old=1year&Main=148465&Search=true#Post148465"Queenford

W

<a target='_new' href="http://www.rmcangling.co.uk/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=CourseGeneral&Number=148465&Forum=All_Forums&Words=queenford%20retention&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=2&Limit=25&Old=1year&Main=148465&Search=true#Post148465"Queenford

B

Big Swordsy :O)

Warren do you still make /sell them?

Look I am going to nail my cards to the mast here and its going to mean my bollox......right here goes

I will at some point in the future retain a barbel

so

Do I have to use sacks which I do not like or keepnets which work but can be impractical to use at times

Or

Will you sell me a Queenford?

And don't everyone else jump on the keepnet thing its old hat, I have been there too many times before. I aint a matchman stuffing 150lb of the thing in a net, just one per net.