what size?

N

Nicky Garbutt

ive just got some partridge doulbe t wire rig in size 4 hook. and i don't know what size of meat to use on the hook.

thanks

P

Paul Williams

Nicky,
About an inch square, possibly a little bigger,i cut mine into strips of about an inch to 1/12 inchs and then break of pieces to suit.

N

Nicky Garbutt

p.s how do i stop perch from eating my 1 inch lump of meat there all about 2-3 pound.

P

Paul Williams

2-3 pound!!....what do you want to stop em for??????

N

Nicky Garbutt

cause you have to hit em early i i think there carp so i let them take it down and the perch get deep hooked

P

Paul Williams

I can honestly say i have never come across perch deep hooking on Luncheon meat.....but hit them ALL early, if a perch can get it in i'm sure a carp would!!! and if the carp are small you are missing one hell of a fishing opportunity with 3lb perch about.....there will be plenty of carp about.....the perch may dissapear......sorry mate but thats how i see it.

N

Nicky Garbutt

i know i usally lure fish for the perch but in this pond it is allways muddy

N

Nicky Garbutt

can you please give me any info about rigs and baits for these perch cause il now give em an try the pond is 3-4 foot deep and theirs lots of weedclose to the island.

thanks

N

Nicky Garbutt

also in this place my mate got an perch on 3 bits of sweetcorn. is this right for perch to eat!

P

Paul Williams

Nicky,
In my opinion deadbait or half deadbaits work very well for Perch in coloured water, so can lob worms but you may get "pestered" by carp.....the rig is simple a size six or four hook liphooking a VERY FRESH small roach deadbait on you normal running ledger rig (use a heavyish lead (2oz) so it stays put).....a butt indicator with a drop of 12-18 inches and hit them straight away!! good luck.....and let us know how you get on......bytheway what part of the country you from?

D

Dave Beal

I had this problem at Boddington res Northampton, Perch taking sweetcorn it's not normal ??????

N

Nicky Garbutt

i live in gods country of england

this perch that it cauth it was about 3lb but the owner said not very many peole fish for em so i don't know how many they is.

N

Nicky Garbutt

north yorkshire

this perch that it cauth it was about 3lb but the owner said not very many peole fish for em so i don't know how many they is. and the laugh to me cause the don't belive there in their or it might be cause im only 16.

P

Paul Williams

Nicky,
Don't be offended but a 3lb perch is a very big fish, treat yourself to some scales and weigh them rather than say "it was about 3lb".....that said if the water has plenty of small silver fish it sounds like the type to produce a big perch.
Back to the match!!!!!!!

N

Nicky Garbutt

can you pleaes tell me of an cheap butt indicator cause i don't have lots of money becase im still at collage.

thanks allot for you advice

P

Paul Williams

Nicky,
Moved on a little since the "what size meat" haven't we !.......a butt indicator can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it.....silver paper, breadpaste, tops from washing up liquid etc can all be used and are free!!........all it takes is a little initative.
We are gonna upset the carp lads....all this perch talk on their section!!

C

Carp Angler

I think all the big perch, apart from the Ouse monsters, come from carp waters.
This also extends to most other coarse species, other than pike.

It proves that engineered baits are more beneficial than souring crumb and other less nutitional food stuffs.

D

Dave Johnson

no different to us eh mate-nutritionists say veg and cut down on red meat....
but we know kebabs ans mixed grills and fry ups at the Salt Box set you up much better.....