Handy Non-Angling Items ........to help your angling

• Thread starter ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)
  • Start date
E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I'd like to introduce a friend of mine called 'The Bone Collector'
At present he isn't able to get on line but has asked me to post the following for him .....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Here are a few non fishing essential items which I always carry in my tackle box. Some of them have helped me bank fish which otherwise I may have lost and some have got me out of a few scrapes.

Paper clips. Brilliant for fishing amongst weedy snaggy boulder strewn swims. Attach the lead via clip, when lead snags clip opens out and leaves you in a freelining situation.
For the colour conscious you can now buy them with a green plastic coating. Wow!

Plumbers PTFE tape. Superb for protecting threads on everything that screws in. Guaranteed no more stripped threads. Allows you to fasten and firmly lock in position buzzers, front rest, rear rest all locked solid and still with a few turns to spare. 90p from B&Q. Would not be without it.

Rubber bands, instant line clips to name just one of dozens of other uses.

Piece of candle, Besides being emergency light for when your torch packs up there is nothing finer for securing loose spigots. Can also make sinking mono float, wind line through it for trotting or floater work.

Two small pieces of bycicle inner tube for removing jammed spigots. Works a treat saves grabbing and bending the eyes.

Knicker elastic for the Merseysiders who weigh fish in two ways. Actual and 'on the bounce'. Actual 24lb mirror, well done. With elastic, Wow! Look its gone 31lb on the bounce!

Beside food and drink essentials what are your hidden gems in your box?

"The Bone Collector."

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

"On the Bounce"

LOL

I like that.

And I can think of other uses for the candles.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Girl's elasticated hair-bands. Bought a box of assorted sizes for a quid. Put them on spools of line (check the price of "line lips"!!!), use them as rod-bands.

E

Puncture outfit for the blow-up doll

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Fart Machine.

Stick the thing on your mates chair/box when he is not looking and when the gorgeous blonde passes by and stops by him for a chat, explode the thing.

fred hall

Reaction score
Stop being so crude you lot! Insulation tape has got to be an essential in everybody's tackle box eg protecting swimfeeders which are prone to crack and for running repairs. Come to think of it my no.4 pole section which I rather foolishly stood on 3 years ago is still holding together thanks to my son's on the spot repair with insulating tape!

E

Graham and I knew a bloke called 'Wingnut'

He had the biggest sticky-out ears you've ever seen .........

W

Wolfman Woody

Before all of these fancy new meat punches I had an apple corer with me on some trips.

Could also list a hypodermic syringe for blowing up worms and deadbaits.

C

Chris Bishop

First aid kit, plasters, antiseptic etc. Astonished how many times I end up giving someone a plaster when they get cut by a fish because they don't carry them.

Girl's hair bands for keeping rods together when moving around.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I still know a guy called "Wingnut"

He is the SA distributor for Airflo.