Hunt for big eels part 3

P

paul williams 2

Wol......why didn't you give Andy the loan of that spare waterproof suit you always carry at the bottom of your rucka?

Enjoyed reading of your eel sessions.....even if sourthern eels are much much easier to catch than their northern cousins. (john told me!) :)-

T

The Monk

a very enjoyable series of articles and some nice fish, cheers guys

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"Wol......why didn't you give Andy the loan of that spare waterproof suit you always carry at the bottom of your rucka"

Thats a spare for mates only.

;o)

P

paul williams 2

Those gimp suits only keep some of the rain out anyway!

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

i was like a bull in a china shop that day and would have trashed it about ten minutes. I'd have loved to be in wols shoes that day h3e must have been P''ssing himself

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
We all have days like that Andy,

I went for a day with my mate this year and the catalogue of errors reads somthing like this,

Got up and in my half asleep state put my contacts in the wrong eyes and I was halfway to the venue before I realised!

Dropped gear off at peg and then reversed back down the track to the car park turned to look out the windscreen just in time to see the opposite end of the rod bag to the end I am currenlty driving over lift up in the air! luckily I didnt break any rods!

Park my car in the car park and walk back to the swim.

'Lets have me bait then'

my mate says, oh fu*k, its in the fridge,! back in the car and drive 10 miles home, pick up the bait and drive back again.

give my mate his casters and maggots, then offered to fill his casters with water, bending down to fill them up and the foot thats on the wet slippery wooden staging slips, i do the splits whilst falling forwards trying not to drop casters and headbut the edge of the staging on the way down.

'Ouch that hurt'

or its was somthing like that I said!!!!

To top the lot off, I then hooked a big fish first cast and lost the bugger!

I should have stayed in bed!