"long" in france

mattzzzzzz

Reaction score
My Dad who lives in Agincourt has wrote to me asking if I fancy a week over Fishing in this place and I have never heard of it and what the place is like.
the websites in french www.long.fr and I don't speak french!
I can't even find out which region it's in
any help would be appreciated
Regards Matt

Malc Bason

Reaction score
Its in the Picardie region of Northern France, not too far to drive from Calais. This is made up of zones: Somme, Aisne & Oise.

You need to ask for some sort of reference for where exactly his water is situated.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
Ah, think I got it.

Click here and then click on 'Les Marais' on the left, and click on either of the links, 'Chasse', 'Peche', 'Etangs' or 'Environnement'.

mattzzzzzz

Reaction score
Thanks guys ,but has anyone ever heard of what the fishing is like?

R

rob tudor

A lot of the lakes in the Somme valley are private like those listed on that site allow night fishing except during the hunting season. There are loads of lakes around amiens which offer good carp fishing and the chances of seeing any other brits is almost zero there is a mondial peche shop in the centre of amiens and they can help with carte de peche etc or go to the shops listed on the site. Looks pretty good 22kg not to be sniffed at can feel a week end coming on just to go and have a look around. Welcome to the world of public water carping if you find a gem keep it to yourself or have a look at www.carphunters.com loads of info for most departments in france.

mattzzzzzz

Reaction score
It's april I'm going ,watch out for the guy in the FM hat ..........

blanking!

mattzzzzzz

Reaction score
Don't know yet,
Ringing my dad tomorrow to find out the details as he knows it better living there
I hope he has got rid of his cane rod and creel :)