finally a fish

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Caught my first fish of 2011
2 small roach
In need of a fish I spent an hour and half in the pouring rain at a local commercial
After the 2nd fish I called it a day
This is the longest I've gone on a new year without a fish

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Yesterday was the worse conditions - I've got all the gear for sittign about in the cold but yesterday it was warmer so the thermas stayed off, and I left the brolly at home - 1/2 an hour into the fishign and it bucketed down - I was soaked :(

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
Where did you go M'Lud ? I'm dusting down my rod (oo-er missus) and hoping to get out midweek and I need to know where the fish are ! BTW did you have much joy on the rother recently I'm planning a mission down there at some point.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Hi Jimmy

I took the easy option and fish KJS at Aston - the big square lake (No2) - i was in the peg at the top end in the corner

I've tried the Rother twice but not a fish - next weekend is out for fishign but the weekend after I'll be trying the Rother again

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
Cheers for the info m'lud. My first choice ws going to be aston. Think i might have a walk down the rother before lugging loads of gear down it !

dannytaylor

Reaction score
Finally caught my first fish of 2011 today :w Fished a small pond on the waggler and took a nice net of Roach, Rudd and hybrids up to about 12oz. Great to catch some fish as i haven't managed any in over a month due to the freezing weather, hope it dosen't return. Time for some piking on friday cant wait :)

Reaction score
One small jack on the canal yesterday. Fat calm and high light levels seemed to have put the perch down...nobody was hitting any. Quite a few boats moving as well...but I don't thnk that really impacts the fish..apart from water clarity.