Ricky Hatton

J

john ledger

Hope Ricky Hatton can do the business Sat night in my home city.Its not going to be easy against Carlos Maussa who can hit like a mule and was unlucky against Miquel Cotto whom i rate highly.
Seen to many fighters change management and trainer etc then fail,Tyson Naz are good examples.
Im hoping that the Kosta fight is not going to be the pinnacle of Rickys career because Hatton at his best is formidable,just hope there are no cut eyes. Come on Ricky

I

Ian Cloke

It has all the makingas of an epic battle, neither fighter will want to take a backward step. Hatton has just about got my vote in this one though, he has the slight edge in power, I think;-)

J

john ledger

Its the old box office again Steve.I pay enough to sky with prem plus plus the sports channel yet they still want the pound of flesh.I have a funny feeling about this fight Ian as any South american in the top twenty is a very dangerous opponent

N

Nigel Moors.

No contest - Hatton inside 7. Maussa'a 34 and only 22 fights, last victory he was supposedly little lucky.

Hatton inside 7......

Anyone do better than that?

J

john ledger

Sincerely hope so Nigel,but if he wins this one i doubt very much if he could take care of Floyd Merryweather and my mone will be on Floyd.
By the way Jeff Lacey looks awesome what a fighter he is

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
I used to love boxing until it was completely destroyed by money, about 20 years ago. Remember when there was one champion at each weight? Even good honest blokes like Hatton get drawn into it now. It's all about promotion, how big the purse is.

N

Nigel Moors.

Sadly very true Ric. Doesn't stop me looking in on the main contenders though. I used to be able to name all the champions and most of the up and coming future contenders but not now. Too many belts.........as you say.

Stephen Ward 2

Reaction score
Floyd is gonna wip Ricky's arse, he can wip mine if they pay me what Ricky will get for just stepping in the ring...

C

Clive Evans 1

Odd feeling seeing John's name on the thread!!/forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

Stephen is that "whip" or "wipe?"/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Bloody hell!!!

My eyes have just popped out!!!

I've got a lump in my throat now, dunno what to say?

Saturday is gonna be a very special day for many of us and in the early hours of Sunday morning I hope Hatton will put a massive smile on johns face.

Blimey, I miss the old git!

Deanos

Reaction score
I felt a bit angry when I saw the thread come up to be honest...I miss the old lad as well.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I can't believe the "timing" of this post!

Deanos, look at the smile on Johns face.....if I didn't know better......

Don't be angry mate, just remember the laughs we used to have with John.

Come on Hatton!

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Seeing John's name brought me straight to the thread. Gone but not forgotten Eh.

Well, if the late Bob Monkhouse's face can stare out from every bus shelter why not virtual argumentsbetween John andWoody? It would be just like the old days.

If Hatton wins, expect a virtual 'I told you so'......

Deanos

Reaction score
Yep, sorry all, no malice meant, John would have started this thread himself.

Good luck to Hatton...a hell of a way to earn a living gents.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Deanos, John did start this thread mate, look at the date and look at my profile.

It brings it all back to me.......

Roll on the weekend /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif